What's new

TIME TUNNEL! - Where Are You? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Harry, thanks for the V2 info. If I remember, "Raiders" is the best "Alien" ep for me. Figures that it's the one with the scratches. My 2nd favorite "Alien" ep was, I think, "Race Through Time". I think I have the title right. That's the one guest-starring Robert Duvall as the Time-Traveler from the future. I won't say more if some here blind-bought the set and haven't seen that one yet.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The scratches on "Raiders From Outer Space" occur as Tony and Doug are entering the aliens' cave headquarters. They last for a couple of minutes and are quickly forgotten.

The other episode you mentioned with Robert Duvall is called "Chase Through Time", and technically, those aren't aliens, but rather futuristic humans in the silver and gold-colored makeup.

If you enjoyed Volume 1, there's no reason to avoid Volume 2.

Harry

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I finally got around to watching the bonus movies on Volume 2. I really liked the 2002 pilot and think it is a shame the show never made it to network. I thought it was updated nicely, with enough touches from the original show to honor it, but modern enough that it could have had a shot with audiences.

The Time Travelers TV-movie from the 70s was also enjoyable, but I liked the 2002 pilot better. Still, the TV movie had some good writing (I expect no less from Rod Serling), although many of the hairstyles and clothing choices really date this movie (unlike the original TV show which has a more timeless appeal - no pun intended).

But I have to say that both were excellent choices as bonus material, and I thoroughly enjoyed them, as well as both volumes of the series.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The 2002 pilot was pretty good, I have to admit. I didn't expect much, but they did a fairly decent job of keeping the familiar while turning the situation on its side to modernize it.

Several cast members of that pilot have gone on to bigger and better things. David Conrad, who played Doug Phillips, has been on GHOST WHISPERER for its two seasons on CBS this far, and Tawny Cypress, who played J.D., one of the time travelers, has been a semi-regular on HEROES on NBC this year.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks