What's new

Time to buy X-MEN 1.5 (box and pubs) (1 Viewer)

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
That is false advertising. It isn't a new cut of the film. are we sure this is the real cover?
You know those Canada people ;)
just teasing

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Oh my lord that's atrocious. I hope that's only the Canadian version if there is such a thing. Isn't this the ultimate useless double dip? No new cut, why are they bothering then? A few deleted scenes?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
There's no tricks. From the day this DVD was officially announced, never was it said to be a new cut or have an alternate score. That was decided against before the announcement. From DVD.IGN.COM:

October 31, 2002 - 20th Century Fox has finally released the full and official specs for the upcoming Special Edition of Bryan Singer's X-Men. Officially titled "X-Men 1.5 Collector's Edition, the two disc set will arrive on February 11th and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS soundtracks along with a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer.

The full, official, list of specs is:

Disc One:

Enhanced Viewing Mode containing 6 deleted scenes and 17 behind-the scenes featurettes.

Commentary by Director Bryan Singer.

Disc Two:

Introduction by Bryan Singer.

The Uncanny Suspects Casting Featurette.

X-Factor: The Look of the X-Men Costume Featurette.

The Special Effects of the X-Men Featurette.

Storyboard-to-Animatic-to-Film Comparison.

Multi-Angle Scene Studies.

Still Photo Gallery.

3 Theatrical Trailers.

14 TV Spots.

12 Web Interstitials.

X-Men 2 Sneak Preview Teaser.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Btw, I hope that isn't the cover. The original one is much cooler.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
There's no tricks.
I beg to differ. The very title implies a different cut of the movie. For us DVD geeks, we know the specs & what to expect, but most people seeing "X-Men 1.5" will be expecting a new version of the film. That title is intentionally misleading. A lie, in my book.

-Dave

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'm really dissapointed in the cover art and the title does make it seem like it's a new cut.

I think it sucks they didn't include a DD-EX or DTS-ES soundtrack. Special edition my a$$.

This smells of the "Special Edition" Men in Black they brought out when MIB2 came out in theatres. They're just trying to drum up hype for the new movie.

GaryEA

Second Unit
I look at the specs and I see what SHOULD have been released in the first place. Oh well.
I honestly thought they'd drop the "1.5" from the title when it was announced that a new cut would not be included.
Marketing gone amok... details at eleven. :)
-g

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
That looks awesome! I sold my older copy a while back because I knew about this, it was kind of stupid though :angry:
I shouldn't have sold it until like a week before this one comes out.
The 1.5 is pretty stupid. They should drop because it looks like a brand new movie or something.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I sold mine too. File under "You Big Dummy!"

Whoever put those early specs on the web either was a fanboy or someone deliberately out to mislead us.

The "1.5" suggests something much more than just a special edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks