What's new

Time Bandits BD (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Yeah the fact DVDBeaver confirmed it is 1080i today and it really goes to show some people just don't care. That first screen shot for the Image release is just plain embarrassing.

I am happy that Mona Lisa is 1080P but at the same time let's be honest they can't even use up the 25GB disc space? and such a low bit rate, again embarrassing.

Image Entertainment on their HandMade Film releases show low quality standards and the audacity to just release a title for the sake of well... the unsuspecting. Those who follow the boards are usually forewarned. However browsing consumers etc aren't and they take home low quality products like Time Bandits and then tell their friends yeah it is HD but it doesn't look any better than I am used to on tv etc. That kind of talk gives Blu-ray and HD transfers a bad name and bad word of mouth just spreads faster than the good.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I cancelled my preorder and Im ordering the Region B version. I guess we just cant trust Image to put out quality bluray discs.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I had this on my wishlist. Not any more. And Jeff asks an excellent question about Twilight Zone.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
Well, to be fair, the specs posted around the end June for the Season 1 Blu-Ray set were pretty impressive for Image. I just hope the end result lives up to what we've been told.

Originally Posted by RobertR

I had this on my wishlist. Not any more. And Jeff asks an excellent question about Twilight Zone.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
the specs for Twilight zone are indeed impressive, and i still have my pre order as it stands, what is odd is that the last release for this, (anchor bay) and for that fact most of the "handmade flims" were criterions, and now image is the distributor for criterion?? so what gives? i think we can look for great releases in the twilight zone catagory, because of the financial problems the company has had. but releasing a bad product when you are trying to fight of bankruptsy will not help (ahem MGM). hopefully they will readress this, is a damn shame that all of these copmanys are doing this only to turn around later and have to reissue a replacemen disc, quality control is out the door.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by dana martin

the specs for Twilight zone are indeed impressive, and i still have my pre order as it stands, what is odd is that the last release for this, (anchor bay) and for that fact most of the "handmade flims" were criterions, and now image is the distributor for criterion?? so what gives? i think we can look for great releases in the twilight zone catagory, because of the financial problems the company has had. but releasing a bad product when you are trying to fight of bankruptsy will not help (ahem MGM). hopefully they will readress this, is a damn shame that all of these copmanys are doing this only to turn around later and have to reissue a replacemen disc, quality control is out the door.

Given all the uncertainty, I'd wait to read plenty of feedback about the quality before committing to buying.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Any chance Criterion will get a shot at releasing a BD here in the US?

I am cancelling my order for the Image Entertaint BD right after posting this.

I want to purchase the films I love ONE last time (on BD) before we stop purchasing discs altogether.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by Mark Walker

Any chance Criterion will get a shot at releasing a BD here in the US?

I am cancelling my order for the Image Entertaint BD right after posting this.

I want to purchase the films I love ONE last time (on BD) before we stop purchasing discs altogether.

[COLOR= black]Mark, if you didn’t get the satire in my complaint, currently Image is the distributors of Criterion DVD/Blu Ray, the other “[/COLOR][COLOR= red]Handmade Films[/COLOR][COLOR= black]” “Withnail and I” “Mona Lisa” “The Long Good Friday” were all released on DVD by Criterion, I guess my question is why they took a pass on it this time. Or for lack of better thought, I was hoping that Image would step up to the plate and deliver, a poor man’s Criterion style blu, which is what they should have done, but did not. All one has to do is look at the other boutique company’s that are putting out great titles done correctly to see that the market is ripe these need to be re-addressed, but need to be a quality release [/COLOR]

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
From what I hear it sounds like they are doing right by Thriller (granted that is DVD), so I'm hoping for the best with TZ. We will have a review when it is available.

JPcommanderLTD

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I bought the movie because I had not seen it in years and the fact that the price was right at $12.

I recommend if you don't own it on DVD and want a good flick for a good price it's not a waste of money.

[SIZE= 14px]Above post edited by Moderator. Do NOT repost![/SIZE]

From the HTF Rules:

Discussions on this forum are polite, cordial and respectful. We do not hesitate to express our opinion on matters involved, knowing other members may or may not share those opinions. We will always respect opinions of other members, even if we do not share a particular opinion ourselves. We will not verbally attack other members in a personal way, but instead try to contribute to the common knowledge about, and understanding of all applicable topics discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks