What's new

Tigger hits kid.. (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
He did exactly what he's trained to do. He locked the kids arm so he couldn't continue what he was doing. The left hand to the face was an accident.

These character actors go through a lot of training, and have one hell of a nasty job. Florida heat, inside a thick costume. They can't talk, and even if they get sick and throw up, the costume stays on until they are backstage.

Someone sees dollar signs. That's it.

Eric Carl

Stunt Coordinator
Just to further clarify my stance:

It doesn't even look like the kid got hurt...

The person in the suit COULD have hurt the kid, but gave him a tap instead.

The person likely could have hurt him, if that was the intent, because he more than likely is very fit. For example if I rent a suit out and, me being out shape, end up sweating a lot, it is my fault; guys that wear these in the park for a living ain't exactly out of shape. Not to mention, they are trained so they probably are told how to handle the situation as Mark noted above. More than likely he did something that to the younger kids would seem as playful and to the older one says: "Hey! This may not be fun for YOU, but don't ruin it for the kids."

-Eric

Jason L.

Second Unit
I'm surprised that no one has really looked at this video closely.

It seems obvious that Tigger had his "hind paws" back against the curb, started falling backward, grabbed on to the kid's arm for support, and as he was falling backward turned towards him and accidentally slapped him as his arm was outstretched.

Maybe the kid pulled him from behind - but I doubt that. He probably either put his arm around Tigger just enough to lose his balance, or didn't do anything at all.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I'd heard that pop said his son experienced neck pain :eek: requiring codeine which hardly seems the case judging by the kid's facial expressions. Some may remember when a Tigger character was accused of groping some young teen's breasts and subsequently found not guilty.

Jason L.

Second Unit

I remember one day driving I was stopped waiting to merge with another road. I had my head turned all the way to the left looking at the oncoming cars. A guy behind me tapped me with his car. We both got out and I saw there was no damage. I told the guy everything was fine and he left.

The next day my neck was really STIFF! Luckily it went away in about a week, but at the time I remember thinking, "Maybe I should have got that guy's insurance and license!" If he had been going faster he would have messed me up a lot worse.

So, just because the kid isn't holding his neck in pain in the video doesn't mean it didn't hurt him later.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was gonna mention the fact that the kid told Disney that he was ok after the incident, but then I remembered my back and how I can do a ton of lifting without it hurting, but once I get into bed and things settle in and stiffen up, the mornings are unbearable!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Clearly looks like an accident. You can't see crap in those suits. Not that I've worn one....well, in a professional capicity, or anything...well, just playin with the wife and all.... erm, well, you just can't see nothing in those suits, damnit.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
After seeing this video, I can ALMOST agree that the kid may have not done anything, BUT BUT BUT! Look at the fathers reaction!!! He seems a little more concerned about "Payback" and anger than anything else. He seems like the type that might have anger issues. You know, irregardless of who was at fault, he's someone that would rather just starting throwing fists rather than trying to figure out what happened and calmly solve the problem. ;)

His anger is escalating an issue that didn't need to be.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Ahh, Found it! I knew we had this thing on Video. We've got a bunch of disney character performers on tape circa 1988. Roger is clearly being abusive and not letting me go for my picture, despite me being next in line.

Should I sue for trauma? :). I'll have the Home Video encoded in a few :).

Edit - Dang, won't recognize the file..I'll have to settle for picture evidence..

http://www.shreddersdojo.com/junk/roger.jpg

See!? Right there he 'violently' pushes me out of the way one of three times....Whiplash, I tell you :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nah, I was no where near grabbing distance :)... plus being a kid I Was not tall enough then :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nope, but on look back, I should have kicked him in
the ass for pushing me away. ;)

'Trying to think of fun line from the Itchy and Scratchy Amusement park episode, but dying' ;).

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Criminal charges will not be filed against a Disney employee accused of hitting a teenager while in costume as the Winnie the Pooh character "Tigger," authorities said.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
No, it was a "Tigger" suit.

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks