What's new

"THX", "Dolby Digital" and "HTF" plaques (1 Viewer)

Tom S

Agent
I'm putting the finishing touches on my HT room and remember back that there was this company selling wall plaques - "THX" "DTS" "Home Theater Forum" with logos etc.

I can't seem to find my link. Are they still around?

Thanks,
Tom

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
showoffdisplays.com

They don't show the HTF one on their site, but I think you can still get it by emailing...

They also have a SVS logo plaque.

-Vince

Alan Dahl

Auditioning
Tom,
Dolby has 2 signs available in their online store. One is backlit and looks very cool.
DTS has a very cool sign in their online store.
As far as I know, THX does not have signs available. Once in a while they are available on ebay. The THX store is offline right now so maybe they will offer signs in the future.
The showoffdisplays signs are nice because the DTS and DD ones are exactly the same size. However, I returned mine because they were a little too "plastic" looking for my taste.
I have not found any other locations that sell signs. You can find people who have had them made, like Jens, so if you are handy, that may be an option.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Dolby has 2 signs available in their online store. One is backlit and looks very cool. DTS has a very cool sign in their online store.
Beware.. the Dolby plaque is much smaller than the DTS plaque. (or the DTS plaque is much larger than the Dolby plaque... depending how you look at it :))

Todd_B

Second Unit
^Can you post some pics of them in your room? I'm in the market for a DTS plaque and I just wanted to get a feel for them in a 'real setting'.

Thanks!

Todd B

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I got my Dolby Dital plaque straight from Dolby.com
Received it a few weeks ago and it looks pretty good :emoji_thumbsup:
Got my DTS plaque (it is very big) from dtsonline.com and, unfortunately, it is defective!!! It has a huge gold smudge near the bottom of the plaque that sticks out like a sore thumb.
I sent an email to dtsonline support and this is the reply I received...
-----------------------------------------------------------
To our dismay, the new plaques shipped out seem to have the same problems at our initial 2003 batch. Due to significant manufacturing issues we've decided to seek a new manufacturer. Do as you please with the defective plaques, we will send you replacements once they are available. Unfortunately, at this point we cannot confirm any specific dates but please be assured we are doing everything we can to solve this issue. Once again, thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Sincerely,
DTS Online Store
-----------------------------------------------------------
So, kudos to dts for doing the right thing by finding a new manufacturer for their signs. Hopefully the new one will be a bit better in quality and maybe a bit smaller :)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Jens, how much did you pay for those plaques and what are the dimensions? I did not see your exact DTS plaque on the website, is it still available? The site says they do not ship outside of Sweden so maybe I could buy them through you and you could ship them to me. How much in American $$?

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
David:
I think I paid about 45$ apiece for the plaques + shipping.
The dimensions are: 30cm wide, 20cm high.
My photos doesnt do them justice, the are very well made!
The guy taht makes them did a custom DTS plaque for me.
He can do them just theway you want them.
I think you should write him an email and ask if he could ship the plaque to you.
Tell him CINEMAX sent you!!;)
Hes a nice guy, but if he dosent want to ship the plaque to you, we work something out! Ok? :)

Tim K

Second Unit
Has anyone tried making their own plaques? I was contemplating making them myself. Basically make a DD and DTS image in photoshop and print them on photo paper on a color laser printer. Then buy plexiglass and wood from a frame/art supply shop and mount them just like the ones Jens has.

Anyone tried anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks