What's new

THX-certified speakers (1 Viewer)

Lev-S

Second Unit
The irony of it all is that at Skywalker ranch, the THX guru George Lucas has "un-certified" B&W Nautilus speakers for soundtrack mixing. What does that tell you about the importance of THX? :D

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
In answer to the actual question, I believe the THX standards call for a specific rolloff in the lower frequency response, so the crossover slope of the sub and speakers will match. What this does to the sound quality is anyone's guess (and I'm only relating what I read a few months ago, so the details may be a bit off).

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
THX certified anything is a joke IMO. But to each his own.

Funny story: A friend of mine who knows absolutely nothing about HT gear recently bought a house and wanted to hook up an older receiver to his TV and a pair of Infinities he had. Without calling me he went down to Circuit City and showed them the receiver and asked what he needed to get everything hooked up (DVD, TV, VCR). So guess what the sales guys gets him to buy? All THX certified cables!!!!!!! He shelled out some decent money to hook up a very outdated receiver (not even 5.1). Amazing!!!!!! We'll he bought a new 36" TV and he has been having problems with is video dropping out......long story short here but the problem ended up being those THX cables he got from CC. The S-Video one was bad!!!!! I know it could happen to any cable but it was just too funny because it was an over-priced over-hyped THX "certified" cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks