What's new

ThunderCats Is Coming!!!!!! WOOHOO (1 Viewer)

Joe:C

Second Unit
So is this still going to be three discs? I would prefer a four or five disc set over three flipper discs.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
^^ Well TVshowsonDVD is listing a SRP of $64.92. That sounds way to high for a 3 disc set. It's probably 4 or 5 discs.

Hopefully Gord or David can find out for us soon.

EDIT: Well acording to Warner Bros.' online store it aparently WILL be a 3 disc set after all.

http://store.warnervideo.com/whv.pro...D7VQLVEBGFAPS7

All I have to say is at least one disc better be a flipper.

Second Unit
I have a slightly off-topic question. Does Warner Bros. own all of the Rankin-Bass stuff?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This is fantastic news! Hopefully Thundercats sells well enough to get its sister show, Silverhawks, on DVD.

Second Unit

:frowning:

Thats too bad. I'm not a big fan of the flipper discs. I'll guess we'll have to wait to get the exact configuration. Either way I'll still be getting this.

Yeah I agree about Silverhawks. I believe they even used most of the same voice artists. If Thundercats sell well we may see Silverhawks getting a similar release.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
$64.92 does seem pretty high for this set. I did a little comparison and the only Warners cartoon set that is comparable price-wise is the Looney Toons set, which offer much better extra features. The Batman set is some twenty dollars less, though the Thunder-cats does have five more episodes, which is good.

It makes me wonder if there was some special problem with buying the rights or if Warner figured that this show had a more select and devoted audience which would pay more. I'll still buy it (at a discounted price!), as I dearly love this show.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I musta forgotten to mention it in my story. 3 double-sided DVDs (DVD-18s, I believe).

One piece of info Warner distributed said "6 discs", but two others contradict it and say 3 double-sided. In this case, I think the majority rules. :)

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
^^Just curious David, does the quantity of actual discs v.s the quantity of actual content necessarily represent a difference in determining a set's SRP?

Was $64.92 the SRP reported in all pieces of info you had?

M*A*S*H for example goes for 39.98 SRP and is a 3 disc set (albeit not double-sided)

The only reason I ask is because $64.92 sounds WAY to high to me. I'll get regardless though.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Well Amazon has a new 3D scan up for the set and it apears we may get 6 discs after all:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Notice how the package looks thicker now and the description on top of the box has changed from "The first 33 episodes from the legendary TV series to "The Felines' first 33 episodes in a deluxe 6 disc set".

It also reads SEASON ONE, VOLUME ONE instead of just VOLUME ONE.

The specs still say 3 discs though (I'm hoping it's because it needs to be updated)

I've been having problems with flipper discs(ie. Magnum P.I)so I sincerely hope Thundercats is indeed six single discs.

CAN'T wait 'til August!

EDIT: I just checked Warner's web store and it also has the new cover but maintains it will still be 3 double sided DVDs. Aparently the set considers one flipper as "2 Discs"?

From the site: http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/...c=012569705173

Pack Info:

Thundercats: Season One, Volume One (Dbl DVD) (NSNR) (Disc 1-2) ( 1 )
Thundercats: Season One, Volume One (Dbl DVD) (NSNR) (Disc 3-4) ( 1 )
Thundercats: Season One, Volume One (Dbl DVD) (NSNR) (Disc 5-6) ( 1 )

Screen Aspect:
Original Aspect Ratio - 1.33
Standard [4:3 Transfer]
Sound Quality:
English: Mono 1.0 -
Espanol: Mono 1.0 -
Francais: Mono 1.0 -
Subtitles: English, Espanol, Francais
Media Quantity: 3
Media Sub Format: Multi Disc
Packaging Type: Slipcase

Looks like we're also geting French and Spanish Audio/Subtitle tracks.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
For the unusually high price they're charging for this set, six discs would indeed be expected instead of three double-sided ones. Still, the show is worth the cost!

Carlo

Grip
Oh my, I've been a big fan of the ThunderCats since the 80s. I've already started building up my collection beginning with the old school Transformer DVD by Rhino.

Second Unit
From info I've gotten from other sites it seems this is 6-discs after all. There are 6-discs housed in three cases. I'm not sure yet whether that means overlapping disc hubs or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks