What's new

THRILLER DVD box set -- Hmmm... (1 Viewer)

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
Originally Posted by jquirk

At least I know now it just isn't my version, or my DVD player for that matter. I don't know how something like that would have gotten past quality control?

I have watched almost all the good episodes and still have no idea what you guys are complaining about. It does seem like a few of these complaints could be filed under the nitpicky department.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by younger1968

I flip on a show for five minutes and if it does not have my attention then i shut it down. If look at what i said about shows and it was just my opinion. I realize some people may like shows that are released, but, i am very old school with my viewing pleasure and that is ok with me. I am not asking anyone to judge me, but, just stating facts around my taste in shows. I was born in late 1960s and there is just certain genre i liked and they tend to be sci-fi, mystery, crime drama, family sitcoms, comedies, etc. I just prefer classic tv and that is my choice.

I'm not questioning your taste or viewing choices in any way but watching 5 minutes of a show and turning it off is not enough time to develop an informed opinion on the state of modern TV. If someone said that they watched 5 minutes of The Twilight Zone or The Fugitive or I Love Lucy, etc., turned it off because they didn't like it and then said that all shows from the 1950's and 1960's weren't good, would anyone think that's an informed opinion?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by TravisR

I'm not questioning your taste or viewing choices in any way but watching 5 minutes of a show and turning it off is not enough time to develop an informed opinion on the state of modern TV. If someone said that they watched 5 minutes of The Twilight Zone or The Fugitive or I Love Lucy, etc., turned it off because they didn't like it and then said that all shows from the 1950's and 1960's weren't good, would anyone think that's an informed opinion?

I appreciate what you are saying, but, it does not change my mind on anything new. I have better things to do with my time that watch today's tv. The classic show collection is a hobby, which i totally enjoy. Some of the shows i have been collecting are ones that i never seen before, so it is like watching them for the first time. I only watch maybe 2 hrs of team on any good night. I am usually doing other things, because i was raised to be active and i have other responsibilities as well. The 2 hrs i do watch are what i call my relaxing time.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Originally Posted by chas speed

I have watched almost all the good episodes and still have no idea what you guys are complaining about. It does seem like a few of these complaints could be filed under the nitpicky department.

Did you watch the "Guillotine" episode and notice the audio synchronization issue? I don't think that issue, which has been reported by several posters here and elsewhere, qualifies as nitpicking.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I watched "The Storm" last night.

All the actor's speaking voices were at a low level, and all the sound effect noises were at a high level.

I had to turn the volume up so I could hear the actors, but every time there was thunder and lightning, the noise was super loud!

I couldn't turn the volume down, otherwise I wouldn't be able to hear the actors.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I watched "Man in the Middle," the third crime noir story in a row, and starring ... Mort Sahl. He was okay, but I kept thinking what Walter Matthau (who was still making TV appearances at the same time) or Jack Klugman (brilliant on TZ episodes) would have done with that role of a man struggling with his moral duty against his mortal danger. The stories are all decent, and based on literature - this one a novel by Charlotte Armstrong, but the show really cut corners on casting. The "A" TV guest stars of the era that you saw on Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, The Virginian, Route 66 even, are not here. You have future stars and better actors in bit roles, but that's almost accidental, and they're not the leads. I don't know the background of the show, but I get the feeling the budget was not there for casting (or the casting agent was just not very good). It's the weak link here. The best actor in this episode ... was Werner Klemperer (Colonel Klink on Hogan's Heroes) playing the bad guy. Go figure.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic

I watched "Man in the Middle," the third crime noir story in a row, and starring ... Mort Sahl. He was okay, but I kept thinking what Walter Matthau (who was still making TV appearances at the same time) or Jack Klugman (brilliant on TZ episodes) would have done with that role of a man struggling with his moral duty against his mortal danger. The stories are all decent, and based on literature - this one a novel by Charlotte Armstrong, but the show really cut corners on casting. The "A" TV guest stars of the era that you saw on Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, The Virginian, Route 66 even, are not here. You have future stars and better actors in bit roles, but that's almost accidental, and they're not the leads. I don't know the background of the show, but I get the feeling the budget was not there for casting (or the casting agent was just not very good). It's the weak link here. The best actor in this episode ... was Werner Klemperer (Colonel Klink on Hogan's Heroes) playing the bad guy. Go figure.

I like that episode as well. I like seeing Colonel Klink as the evil guy. It was funny watching him in this role after experience him as different character role in Hogan's Heroes.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watched William Shatner in an episode last night along with russel johnson (The professor from Gilligan's Island). This was very good episode about mirror and how someone got fixated with their looks to point it was obsession and never seen them growing older.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I haven't had time to check the forums that much lately, but I was fortuitous in checking in the day amazon had the one-day sale. It's already on its way! Thanks for the heads up, guys!

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Me too, thanks for the headsup. I combined this with buying Dark Shadows which has been reduced price for some time.

I've also subscribed to Amazon's alert service for the Gold offers.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
You can also use camelcamelcamel.com as a way to gets alerts on anything Amazon sells, as well as their marketplace. That is how I first found out about the Dark Shadows. I asked to be notified whenever it went below $25. Too bad there isn't a sevice like that goes across all vendors.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Indeed. There is one in the UK! Find-DVD checks against virtually all of our stores, plus Ebay and Amazon MarketPlace, and has a price-alert facility.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Just watched "The Hungry g;lass" last night. There really is a problem with the audio. Is it just my copy or do all your copies sound like a "tunnel effect" on the storm sounds etc. All the background sounds sound distorted. Please advise if it's just my disc or everyones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks