What's new

Three's Company - Season 2 info (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Ron,

The picture on the Season 1 DVD is actually from Season 4. At least I think so. I can tell by the way Janet and Chrissy look.

Also, watching the early seasons remind me how they really turned Chrissy into a complete moron by Season 4.

She was a normal human being who just happened to be a little ditzy in Seasons 1-3.

Season 4 has her a complete moron. Her voice is different, she is a complete idiot, and her actions are even different. Her actions are pretty gross too. They just took every little thing about her character and put it into overdrive. She does the pig snorting all the time in season 4 to the point of annoyance. But, thats just my opinion.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
One I share completely. Her outrageous (and hideous) facial expressions and her out-and-out stupidity towards the end of her run made me glad to see her go.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I agree. I had grown to despise her once season 4 rolled around. At least in the previous seasons, she was somewhat intellectual, albeit a dim bulb, but nowhere near as ditzy and stupid as they made her out to be in season 4. Thank god for Terri Alden (Priscilla Barnes).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
While we're bashing The Company (it's okay, because I'm a fan in spite of it all), anyway else dislike Lana? I hated those little "eye flashes" she gave. Fortunately, she didn't stick around long.

Couple of other things: they should have dropped the gay thing when the Ropers moved out. I really doubt if Bart cared if a man lived with two women, and it was silly to drag that along that far into the show. They should have had Jack tell Roper during the Ropers' farewell that Jack wasn't gay, and let that be the end of it.

Finally, watching Iron Chef America recently, it strikes me that a great TC reunion would have featured Jack on Iron Chef. Too bad that can never happen.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I will definitely pick this set up eventually, and I am a bit disappointed that there is a shift in packaging, but its not a complete shock.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

Partially because some of the actors complained about the size of her role in the camping show, and her role was reduced to nothing after that. Also, because no one could explain why horny Jack was rejecting her advances when it was established that he would jump in the sack with any girl that came along. Maybe she should have gone after Larry...

Seasons 1 and 2 are good, but I think Season 3 is the best - and the last with the original cast.

StacyV

Second Unit
I guess I'm in the minority in loving the Chrissy character throughout the entire time she was on. I wasn't annoyed at all by her disintegrating into a "complete moron". The facial expressions and bugged out stare cracks me up every time. I'll take Chrissy at her most moronic over Cindy and Terri any day.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator

Me either. I don't know what season it was in but one of my favorite episodes was when Jack and Chrissy had a contest in which Jack had to give up girls for a week and Chrissy had to go on a diet for a week. And another episode where Jack tells Chrissy to get rid of a cake so she does...by eating it!! The sight of her eating a whole cake gets me everytime.

Randy

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was watching Disc-One of this today and on one of the episodes, I think it was "Strange Bedfellows" I decided to try to skip ahead because I was sick of watching the theme. To my contentment, it skipped right over the opening theme to the beginning of the episode. Oddly enough, none of the other episodes had this chapter stop, or any chapter stops for that matter. You try to skip, and you wind up at the next episode. Anyone know any reason for this?

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I agree with Greg that they probably should have dropped the gay storyline once the Ropers moved out. It would have been a good way to end Season 3 as well. Sort of like the big finale to the Ropers closure. lol.

Anyways, dont get me wrong. I dont hate Season 4. Not at all. I enjoy it. I just didnt care for what they did to Chrissy.

The only 2 seasons I really dont care for from what I can remember are Season 5 (with the dreadful Cindy) and the very last season. Although I do like the beginning of Season 5 before Cindy is brought in. The skiing episode and a few others I did enjoy.

Seems many agreed seeing as the show went into a bit of a ratings slump during Season 5, recovered in Season 6, and then just plummeted in the last season.

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure what season but when does Larry run through a party naked with a bumper sticker on his chest saying "Honk if you see anything you like"

I think the funniest moment ever on the show and then the girls go hey Larry - Honk, Honk

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
That was the episode "Eleanor's Return" from season 3. I hadn't seen that one in years, but I remember how hard I laughed when I saw it. I'm glad we won't have to wait too long for that one. :)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
That was The Bake-Off, which ends with a good pie fight at a bake-off.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
TV Land is airing a 48-hour marathon on Saturday May 15 and Sunday May 16. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks