What's new

Three's Company - Season 2 info (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I figured someone would have posted this by now, but TVShowsOnDVD.com posted info about the second Three's Company release last night. Basically, it'll be a 4-disc set with all 25 Season 2 episodes PLUS an unaired second pilot! I don't think I've ever seen this second pilot(or have even heard of it), so it's an exciting bonus feature. Any other extras are unknown at this time.

The set is due May 2004 (:frowning:) at a SRP of $39.95. Season three is expected to follow later in the year.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=947

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
May just seems a long way away. Not basing it on what you wrote earlier, I had just gotten in my mind that it would be Feb/March. I don't know why.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
This is pretty exciting for me... I do wish it was coming sooner though... Oh well, it's still a pretty decent turn around... It could be much worse... All in the Family or The Simpsons turnarounds anyone??? ;)

Nope, no one likes those horrible 1 to 2 year waits between season of shows they like...

P.S. When is I Love Lucy season 2 coming? I heard February at one point, but have heard absolutely nothing about it since... Thanks...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From Thanksgiving, on TVShowsOnDVD.com:

No other news about season 2 on their I Love Lucy news page.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Still waiting on a ILLucy S2 street date. Since I'm just now re-connected for the first time this week (see the "Helping Dave" Weekly Roundup thread for details), maybe I can dig up some info, but I doubt it. Usually when Paramount mentions a street date, it's all over the place! :)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Think there's any chance of Suzanne and Joyce getting together for a commentary track? :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think there's a chance, but no guarantees. :)

Maybe out of respect for John's memory, if nothing else.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I think May's a perfect time for this set to come out. With the holidays, I fell so far behind on the sets I wanted. So I figure by May I should be all caught up. lol. I still haven't grabbed season 1 yet. lol.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Is the Season Two set gonna be in a plastic type thing like Season 1 was, or are they gonna make it in a "box" sort of thing.....

That would kinda suck for Season 1 to be in a plastic thing and then all the other seasons in totally different box packages.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I hope they don't feel compelled to change the packaging just because it's a special edition or whatever. I definitely wouldn't mind multi-disc keepcases for the rest of the seasons. I don't understand why so many shows are packaged in cardboard anyway, it's like going right back to VHS boxes!

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I got Three's Company yesterday. It's in a case similar to Smallville Season 1 but they've seperated the spine so it dosen't get ruined everytime you flip the book open. Some highlights:

1.They used the extened opening credits that haven't been seen since it first seen. It's also the orginal theme without the screaming guitar at the start. The extended opening credits emphize the slapstick nature of the show.

2.The picture quality is really good. It dosen't look compressed like Columbia's titles.

3.EXTRAS! I watched the orginal pilot and you won't belive how risque the orginal pilot is. It's much more graphic and has a darker edgier tone. Jack is named David and wants to be a filmmaker. There's also a sense of despair to the girl's lives as neither of them does much and it makes no sense to have Jack be such a good cook when the pilot said he was only a cook for two weeks. Also the girls are not as preety, the blonde isn't as charmingly dumb as Chrissy and you get the sense that the brunette would screw david at a moment's notice. In fact there's a line where the brunette claims that if David is a sex maniac they'll charge him less!

4.The outtakes have some really good moments. And you'll want to play the triva game as there is a huge suprise at the end. Something we've been clamoring for on these boards for ages!

5.Finally the box. It's a combination of the Day of the Dead set and Smallville. the slipcase is in the shape of the three kid's heads and when you lift out the box it's the smallville case with the paper spine seperated. Pretty nice.

I haven't watched the rest of the extras but this is a pretty nice set. I hope the rest of the seasons are done just as well.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Thanks for the brief review! I can't wait to get this. I've watched and re-watched my season 1 set for the past 3 months now. lol. I'm very interested in seeing the original pilot. Definitely sounds intriguing. Future Shop here in Canada has this for a sale price of $34.99. Pretty damn good for a set with THAT many extras. Tuesday can't come quick enough for me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's coming out this Tuesday? Dang. I thought it was still a couple of weeks yet before I'd have to buy a DVD boxset. This one sounds great. Thanks for the review, Ray.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I can't WAIT for this one.. easily my favorite sitcom ever!
By the way, does anyone know which season it was where jack took the tranquilizers and went with janet to a party? I havent seen that one in ages, but I do remember some amazingly funny scenes with an "out of it" jack tripper. thanks in advance:)

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew s wells

"I can't WAIT for this one.. easily my favorite sitcom ever!
By the way, does anyone know which season it was where jack took the tranquilizers and went with janet to a party? I havent seen that one in ages, but I do remember some amazingly funny scenes with an "out of it" jack tripper. thanks in advance "

Hey Andrew.That's one of my favorite episodes.The bad thing when they air this on tv for the past years the episode is cut due to them shoving more commercials so they edit the episode.So I haven't seen the uncut version of this for ages.So good thing we will finally get to see this uncut when they get to that season!!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Love the extras. If I had to do any nitpicking, it would be the inconsistent packaging (changing from plastic keepsake cases to cardbord). The photo on season 1 box looks like season 2, and vice-versa. I also thought the Chris Mann commentary was annoying. Perhaps if I was blind, it would be okay. (Loved his book, though). Other than that, I think its great, especially the bloopers.
Also wish they would have shown the entire Dating Game clip instead of just highlights. I mean, c'mon, the entire segment with John would only be about 10-12 minutes anyway, without commercials. Suzanne was also on the show. I hope they include her entire segment on the season 3 boxset

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks