What's new

Three's Company - Season 1 release info (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I especially love the one where Jack trips and falls.
Or the one where someone mishears a conversation and thinks something bad is going to happen.

I looked over this thread quickly and didn't notice if someone mentioned it, but how many episodes are in season 1? This seems like too cheap a price for a Season set.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Just in case anyone wonders, here's more on the Jack Tripper "peekaboo" episode, including the episode name. It looks like much ado about nothing, to be honest.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/ritter.asp

Strangely, I've watched Three's Company almost nightly since Nick at Nite picked it up, but I don't remember this episode. Either I'm forgetting, or maybe Nick didn't edit it but pulled it altogether.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Heres hoping that the main menu is a continuous loop, of the opening introduction, from season 1 with the theme song.:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Anyone else getting really excited yet ? Less than 2 weeks till this hits !Its going to be unreal, once i pop it in the player on the 11th,one of my favorites on my favorite format finally !:)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
The kisses are hers and hers and his (and mine!) in 10 days...

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited for 11/11. Actually, I'm thankful this thread came up again, I had forgotten about this release with everything else I've bought, but now that I remember I will definitely pick it up.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Thankfully, this is the only title I'll need to be picking up on the 11th (and it'll be cheap!) -- because I'll need full pockets when the 18th arrives.

I hope, despite the fact that this is only one disc, that the packaging can be somewhat consistent with the look of the multi-disc packages for future season sets. I want them to look similar lined up on the shelf. Even a slipcase, as unnecessary as it may seem for this, would be welcomed. ;)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I cant believe im asking this ,but here goes !Is this episode in season 1 ?The one where Jack is in the bedroom, where Chrissy is changing and he says,thats a lovely mole you have.:b

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't recognize the scene, unfortunately. Been too long since I've seen any of these...I'm looking forward to them.

On a side note, I watched last night's episode of 8 Simple Rules and I must say that they handled things very well. The ending left me in tears, I'm not ashamed to admit. Since I was dealing with Kleenex, I'm not sure, but was the closing shot of the wedding pic actually one of John and Amy? I only caught a glimpse of it. The answer is probably in the proper TV forum, but I won't have time to make it over there until much later today.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
OT I know...but I really meant to catch it last night and I totally forgot. Was all wrapped up in the Rock The Vote on CNN...hate that I missed it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks for the reply David.Darn it !I knew it, that with all the excitement yesterday of the honeymooners classic 39dvds , and duran duran 2 disc set,i forgot to watch 8 simple rules yesterday. :frowning:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
As i was channel surfing tonight, and stopped on tv land,there it was !!!!!The first commercial advertising the dvd !!!It went something like coming november 11 , the classic sitcom 3s company yours to own finally !The disc itself appears to have same art as the dvd cover,which is pretty cool.Its a shame the commercial didnt have the backcover of the dvd shown.1ofthe scenes shown in the ad was Jack in the tub.:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Also i just saw on Anchor bays site,if you go to the threes company part of their site, the dvd commercial is downloadable !!But you must have quicktime 5.0 or greater to be able to see it.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm actually surprised how much advertising has gone into this set. During "8 Simple Rules", they aired the commercial TWICE, in the same block of ads no less. Also, next week's edition of TV Guide (Canadian) has an ad for the first season DVD, and if that isn't enough, there is even a small black & white ad promoting it. Man, if all TV series' were advertised this well, I could just imagine the increase in sales.

I think a large part of why certain season sets don't sell so well is because of lack of advertising. Take "Mary Tyler Moore" for instance. Prior to (and even after) the season 1 release, I had yet to see one promotional piece pertaining to it. So chances are there are a good number of people out there who didn't even know it existed.

I swear, the rest of these companies should follow suit and start standing behind their products, such as Anchor Bay is doing with the "Three's Company" DVD. Even Warner Brothers has given a valiant effort when promoting the "Friends" DVDs.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Man, I hope the video quality is good and the eps are totally uncut. Either way, a must-buy.

Tony, I've been trying to think of the episode in question, but I'm not sure. It may be episode 2, where Chrissy's mother is coming to visit. That seems like a good enough reason for him to be hiding out, but I can't be sure.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Rob and Greg !:emoji_thumbsup: :) Also about the uncut thing,we should find out about that anyday now,because reviews are bound to appear soon as street date gets closer.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
They did schedule John Ritter to work on extras for the DVD, so I was just wondering if they were able to get the other cast members to do the same?
John Ritter was scheduled to record commentary for episodes but died a few weeks before the planned recording date.
:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks