What's new

Three's Company - Season 1 release info (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Complete story is here:

With consumer interest high for this release from fans who want to celebrate John Ritter's great talent, Anchor Bay has decided to release Three's Company - Season 1 on Tuesday, November 11, 2003. It will be a 1-disc release with an SRP of $19.98, featuring the 6 episodes from the very short rookie year (note that the show was launched as a spring replacement):

• A Man About The House
• ...And Mother Makes Four
• Roper's Niece
• No Children, No Pets
• Jack the Giant Killer
• It's Only Money

Presented in its original full-frame video and English Mono audio, it won't have any of the supplements that had been originally planned. Instead, these will be saved for a Season 2 multi-disc Special Edition DVD release that is tentatively planned for the first quarter of 2004.

Finally, for those of you asking about the unaired pilots for the show, each of which featured alternate actresses for the female leads: Anchor Bay regets that they do not currently have these pilots available to them for inclusion. Therefore these will not be on the upcoming DVD.

Page

Stunt Coordinator

You'll have to!:D

Seriously, since the pilot episodes won't be available, anybody know offhand who the other actresses were that almost got the gig?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
:emoji_thumbsup:

This is the exactly the right move for Anchor Bay to make. Thanks AB for doing this and thank you Dave Lambert for filling us in.

Can't wait.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Page, I absolutely DO know.

Valerie Curtin played "Jenny", who later became Janet, in the first pilot.

Also in Pilot 1 was Susanne Zenor (not sure if it's Susanne or Suzanne) as "Samantha", who became Chrissy in Pilot 2. In Pilot 2, though, Chrissy's role was played by Susan Lanier.

Did you know that Pilot 1 was done by Larry "M*A*S*H" Gelbart? :)

Dane, you are most certainly welcome.

Page

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa. Thanks for the quick update, David, and the thorough information.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
This is great news indeed , with this announcement im going to have to axe 1 of my must buys the hulk collection , to next year . Ill be getting 3s company on the first day. Too many must buys this year , so the hulk had to get the axe.:frowning:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Am i psychic or what ? :D In the anchor bay thread that David made, i predicted November when Anchor Bay announced a quick release.:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, if you would be kind enough to tell me this it would be greatly appeciated. Is season 1 the season where in the introduction Jack falls off the bike, while the famous theme music plays ? In my opinion its the best version of the theme song, during the season that had the intro where he falls off the bike.:emoji_thumbsup:

James L White

Supporting Actor
Gee it'll take a whole 3 hrs or so to watch the whole seaosn, I don't know if I can find the time ;)

:emoji_thumbsup:

RIP John :frowning:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
David, if you would be kind enough to tell me this it would be greatly appeciated. Is season 1 the season where in the introduction Jack falls off the bike, while the famous theme music plays ? In my opinion its the best version of the theme song, during the season that had the intro where he falls off the bike
I'm not David but I just watched the "Pilot" and "Roper's Niece" on the Nick at Nite marathon and that intro is most definitely the one that was shown.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Dane, i assume since it was on those 2 episodes , itll be on all 6 . Also a big :emoji_thumbsup: to David for providing us with the info this quickly ! You da man David!:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
How sweet it is though, for 3 consecutive weeks classic tv on dvd to buy for me, looney tunes, honeymooners and 3s company ! :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Just for fun, the brunette Jack literally falls for in that intro is Suzanne Somers in a wig. :)

Also, that opener has one of the ugliest establishing shots I've ever seen. Referring to the shot of the beach through all those wires and street lights. Still, classic opener!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Are you kidding ? Im such a 3s company freak id buy the dvd, even if they announced the only thing on the dvd,would be that famous intro with that theme song. Love that music that plays during the intro before they start singing the theme, do do da do da da da da da nana , come at knock on our door !:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if they were able to get Suzanne Somers and Joyce Dewitt for extras???

Is Don Knotts still living???

They did schedule John Ritter to work on extras for the DVD, so I was just wondering if they were able to get the other cast members to do the same???

I know there wont be any extras till Season 2, but just wondering...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Is Don Knotts still living???
He is alive and recently received an award at 1st Annual Nick at Nite TV Land Awards. The show was hosted by John Ritter. Does anyone else think it's kind of odd to think that Mr. Furley outlived Jack?

The Ropers (Norman Fell and Audra Lindley) have both passed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks