What's new

Thread on Replacement X-Files Cases (1 Viewer)

Hey all,
At tonight's Fox chat, I posted a question to Peter about getting a replacement X-Files Season 1 slipcase since I know mine and others have had problems with their original one falling apart. Those who bought the set when it originally came out received a less-than-sturdy slipcase, which was later replaced with one that better matches those found on the following seasons.
Peter said to post a topic here and see how many people were having this problem. He said that if enough report this, he will try to set something up via Fox customer service. So if your case has fallen apart and you'd like a new one, post here so he can see it.
Thanks!
------------------
Nate Thompson

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Yeah, mine isn't in tip top shape anymore. One of the reasons I didn't buy any more seasons.
frown.gif

------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

Chris M

Second Unit
I definately require a replacement cover! Mine has come apart and it's tattered. I took it off to protect it since it was so delicate, but it's been bashed up since
frown.gif

Please allow us to get the newer thicker replacements!
cool.gif

Thanks,
Chris
------------------
[Edited last by Chris M on July 31, 2001 at 09:59 PM]

Esten

Supporting Actor
The slip-cover on my set is fine,but the gatefold case when folded is a lot thinner then 2 and 3 and the ink on the gatefold started to flake off on the folds.So i had to use a black and gray marker to color it in.Then i put clear tape on it so it wouldn't flake off any more.
eek.gif

------------------
Want "Freddy's Nightmares" on DVD?
Then reply to http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum10/HTML/002720.html
"Sleep,those little slices of death. How i loathe them."
~Edgar Allan Poe

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
Mine's currently hanging in there, but I don't think it's gonna last much longer...
------------------

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I had to resort to putting my discs in separate jewel cases since my original case is in such bad shape. I could certainly use a replacement!

John C

Stunt Coordinator
I could definitely use a replacement also! Model glue is holding season 1 together right now.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd be interested. The season 2 and 3 slip cases are holding up very nicely. I would prefer it if I could get a slip case that is equivalent to those used for season 2 and 3, but with the art of season 1.
I would be only too happy to pay shipping or a nominal fee.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm definitely interested too. Mine is in decent shape but definitely not holding up as well as the Season 2 and 3 cases.
[Edited last by Daniel Kikin on August 01, 2001 at 09:13 AM]

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
after examining one of these sets, I would recommend adding 1"x8" w, h strips of that heavy-duty threaded bookbinding (?) tape(not sure what it is called) in vertical strips on each of the folds as reinforcement. this can also easily be done during manufacture, and will go a long way to add strength and durability to the boxes...
------------------
[Edited last by Mark_TS on August 02, 2001 at 12:25 PM]

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
My case is definitely on life support.
I ended up buying keepcases and putting the discs in there to save the box.
A replacement would be appreciated.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Whenever something is available for free, people tend to take advantage of it. Perhaps a more meaningful poll would have been "How much are you willing to pay for a replacement slip cover?" That would have told how much people really value having a replacement.

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in for a replacement Season 1 case too.
------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks