What's new

Thor (2011) Discussion/Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
What does a king or a ruler do on a throne like that? There's no computer terminal, no desk for your papers. Maybe he has an iPad. Ok, seems like if you are king, you can have people do things for you, so why sit around on an isolated chair?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Lot of good buzz about the trailer at comic con. Can't wait for it to be released online.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Yeah. I have to admit...Hemsworth looks good in the pic with Mjolnir, the throne is beautiful (and so Walt Simonson), and the Destroyer looks great. I'm extremely intrigued by this film now.

I've been questioning Hemsworth acting ability (he was fine in ST, but carrying a 2 hour movie as the Norse God of Thunder is a different task) wrt the Avengers, but the trailer comments have been very positive for him. He certainly has a physical presence, based on the Avengers Cast shot from SDCC. I failed to observe that Branagh is an exceptional director of actors, so he should be fine (Whedon is good as well). If nothing else, I am super-excited for The Art of Thor (book) next summer :)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Follow the link if you want to see the 5-minute preview they showed at Comic-con. It's surprisingly polished too, nothing looked unfinished though I'm sure some of it was.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45950

I'm not sure how "official" this is, meaning it could be taken down so click faster.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Links are popping up and going down everywhere. I managed to snag a copy before it was removed. All I can say is that it looks AWESOME!

Edit: Watch it while you can...

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Trailer is still up over at this site: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/29/thor-comic-con-trailer-leaks/

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Checked it out by clicking at the last "reference" on the wiki page. Worked out. Decent footage. I was hoping for more, but was relatively pleased with what I saw. Not too hard to figure out the arcs and the story, but I am still looking forward to this one. Thanks for the help!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't interested at all until I saw that trailer. Kenneth Branagh was a left field choice to direct, but it appears to have paid off. Clearly, Clark Gregg is the real star of this picture as Agent Coulson.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Trailer goes on for too long, it shows too much. I feel like I've seen the film already.

Not so enthused now after that preview, it'll look great but I get that 'seen it all before' vibe. What else is out next year?

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
It's not an official trailer. It was meant for the Comic Con crowd. It's obviously a work in progress but I'm still stoked about the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks