What's new

This just in: Universal TV news! (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I might buy Magnum and Rockford.

Does Universal own the rights to Rocky & Bullwinkle? There'd be no question about that. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the comedy series they own as well.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
You have got to be kidding me. Just what i need. More tv shows to buy :) Ill be getting Sliders, Quantum Leap and Earth:FC(Only seasons 1-4). Hopefully some of these come out early in the year when no good movie releases happen. Also DS9 is coming

capt

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Oh, yeah, I'm there for Galactica all the way. Jeez, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Mary Tyler Moore, I Love Lucy.

Oh, if only we'd get Leave It To Beaver, Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, and The Brady Bunch, I'd be in hog heaven.

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
So, I guess the rumors I've seen about The Incredible Hulk coming to DVD to coincide with the release of the
movie are unfounded. At least as far as R1 is concerned.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My wallet. 4 out of the 7 I am getting. Plus Law & Order and Emergency if they release it.
Holy crap this is just one studio!!! :eek: :eek"

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I'm also awaiting Northern Exposure and getting pretty impatient about it too. Atleast Magnum is coming.
Jeff

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Don't count Hulk out yet. The big green lug is on their minds. I don't know what the hold-up would be, but perhaps its "too early" to discuss until the movie's marketing machine gets rolling.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I'd love to see Universal release the complete Buck Rogers television series.

Neil

Of the 8 new shows available, I'll be getting 4 (magnum p.i., quantum leap, rockford files, and battlestar galactica). However, these 8 plus the 2 they already announced make a total of 10 shows. I hope universal releases more than one per month, or it will take FOREVER to get season 2 of these shows!!! Also, does anyone else think that this will motivate studios like Paramount and Columbia to pick up the pace a little bit?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I said it earlier and I will say it again. This is just one studio. Wait until the others decide to really get going. Granted Warner & Paramount have been releasing. But, it hasn't been that many shows. Can you imagine if each studio released 8 shows. Yikes! :eek:
The only good thing is that I can get rid of more of my vhs copies.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I may have to pick up Quantum Leap. Undecided on Sliders.

If they release all of Magnum PI on DVD, I've got my mother's christmas presents worked out for years to come.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
Like the article says, Universal lets get the ball rolling on Columbo.
Also, does anyone else think that this will motivate studios like Paramount and Columbia to pick up the pace a little bit?
While I agree that Columbia is dragging, 7 seasons of ST:TNG in less than a year isn't fast enough? :)

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, dear God--
4 of the 8 are definite and Sliders is a very strong maybe...

Rockford, Magnum, Quantum Leap, and Dragnet have spaces cleared already on my shelves.

Suggestion: a new forum for recipes with Ramen noodles, as I think they're gonna be a big part of our diets during 2003.

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Quantum Leap and EFC are both keepers. Hew Warner Bros, how about a little Kung Fu please (original series). ;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
My wallet just ran into the corner and hid.
Man oh man. Quantum Leap, Battlestar, Magnum are gonna get added to my shelf...I'm debating on Sliders and Emergency.
Throw my vote in for Knight Rider though!! Where's KITT darnit?! ;)
Suggestion: a new forum for recipes with Ramen noodles, as I think they're gonna be a big part of our diets during 2003.
ROFL! Yuppers...I was actually thinking Kraft Dinner myself. ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have to commend Universal. They are releasing scifi/fantasy shows which have cult followings. Thereby guarenteeing good sales.
PS-David L., Gord is going to be busy updating. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks