What's new

THIS IS FARGIN' WAR!! Johnny Dangerously? DVD? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Although it has always been a critically bashed movie ever since it came out in 1984 I have always liked this movie! It always makes me laugh out load throughout every time I watch it...sort of like SANFORD & SON reruns...no matter how many times I have seen an episode I still laugh! Yeah, it's not the greatest movie ever made by no means. But there is something about it. Maybe it is Michael Keaton...I like pretty much any movie he is in. Or maybe it is Piscopo..."My mama shot me once...ONCE". Or Richard Dimitri butchering the English language throughout..."You fargin' iceholes!". Or maybe Danny DeVito. Heck, it is full of laugh-out-loud characters!
Would love to see this "turkey" (as one movie review book labeled it) out on DVD. Maybe with a commentary track with Keaton, DeVito, Piscopo, and Dimitri included. Now that would be some good stuff. I know I would plop down $20 for that in a minute.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
This would be an immediate purchase for me. A fargin' classic!
icon14.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Here's what Peter Staddon had to say about the prospects for J.D. on DVD at the recent chat:
Hi Ric, Johnny Dangerously is a great film. It is in the works but dont expect it for a while yet, there's a lot of work that needs doing on it if we are
to release it properly. No plans for the Girl Can't help it yet. Thanks.

David Tallen

Stunt Coordinator
I suppose everyone knew this but me, but recently my wife and I were browsing in a liquor store when I heard her shriek with laughter from across the room. She had come upon some sort of bottled beverage labeled, "Icehole". Too funny.
------------------
"If you set aside Three Mile Island and Chernobyl, the safety record of nuclear is really very good." Paul O'Neill, Treasury Secretary.

RicP

Screenwriter
I am the "Official Johnny Dangerously" pesterer at HTF :)
I ask Peter the status of this title as often as I can :)
This is MY "Zardoz"!
biggrin.gif

I'm sure Fox will do this title right. I'm patiently waiting.
------------------
http://www.ricperrott.com
Ric Perrott

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I believe this is one of the titles that has a permanent thread in the Studio feedback area. The day those fargin' iceholes at Fox release it is the day I buy it. I'm ready to....
PLAY BALL!
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Man, and I thought I was the only fan of this wonderful fargin' movie. Now these are some of mah Iceholes here.
biggrin.gif

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
If Fox does not release this soon, someone is going to end up with their bells in a sling.
And something that was said numerous times weekly on our floor in the dorms.... "DATS A FARGIN TRICK QUESTION!"
-- Roman Marone

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
HA HA HA HA!!! Too fargin' funny! I am laughing my ice off reading the above posts! You guys are some funny fargin' bastages! I'm gonna have to dig up my old VHS dub and watch the movie again. Whew!!

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Me too. Love that film!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'm moving this to the feedback section in hopes that those farging bastages will actually read it.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
It's great that this movie crops up on cable every now and then, but it's missing a certain something when they cut the entire educational film, "Your Testicles and You."
Give my JD and Buckaroo Banzai and that will take care of my 80s fix for some time.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Peter Staddon mentioned that extensive work still needed to be done to prep the film for DVD release. I seem to remember the VHS box having one of those pesky "Some music changed for home video" messages on the back of it. As we know, music rights issues have a way of delaying video releases for days, or months, or even years. Perhaps this has something to do with the holdup?
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks