What's new

This guy could use some theories on a Major Household Problem (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If it's a CRT i would check your contrast, if it's too high it can cause power supply issues which can in turn affect geometry and cause distortion, use a calibration disc like Spears and Munsil, put up the appropriate pattern and watch for blooming or straight lines becoming curved, when you see that you lower the contrast.

Some CRT's have Scan Velocity Modulation aka SVM, switch it off and it can cure distortion, to do this would require you getting into the service menu, an internet search for your model will help you find out how to do this.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
DaveF said:
These are all CRTs? Have you tried an LCD?It sounds like normal CRT distortion. Perhaps you never noticed before?Unfortunately I can't see any problems from the photos, so I'm still unsure what's going on.

As written in the OP, yes I have tried LCD flat screen monitors. To be more specific, A Gateway FPD 1730. And a Gateway TFT 1780. Both display the same anomaly.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
FoxyMulder said:
If it's a CRT i would check your contrast, if it's too high it can cause power supply issues which can in turn affect geometry and cause distortion, use a calibration disc like Spears and Munsil, put up the appropriate pattern and watch for blooming or straight lines becoming curved, when you see that you lower the contrast.

Some CRT's have Scan Velocity Modulation aka SVM, switch it off and it can cure distortion, to do this would require you getting into the service menu, an internet search for your model will help you find out how to do this.

My PC's and Monitors are not the issue because as stated in the OP, my tvs all throughout the apartment? Are displaying the same anomaly as my PC screen. This is why there has to be two options. Either something with the wiring in my building. Or there's an airborne frequency interference at work.

I asked before in this thread, if PC's and televisions/cable boxes emit a signal or frequency when turned on. And can that frequency be warped if a powerful interferant, is introduced into the area? Like a tower, radio of some kind, construction equipment, etc?

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
DaveF said:
32_inch_rca_crt_tv-flat_screen_114_lititz_pa_29592969.jpg

My RCA Tru Flat television is A 32 incher. More in the design-image of the one seen in this pic. Yes the screen is glass display, it transmits an HD signal. The picture quality isn't as crystal clear as it should be thanks to this anomaly, but with an HD digital box it is as close as it'll get. The stretching isn't present on this set any if at all, because of the flat screen design.

I am starting to believe that this warping might be some kind of interference. Perhaps not damage to any electrical equipment in my building or in my apartment? Since my lights, fans, AC, etc all work fine. No flickering or shorts or smelling any smoke at all. So here's a question for you guys.

My wires for my PC have ferrite cores but they seem to be powerless against whatever this is or may be. So do you guys know of any alloy, or material, or device, that I can purchase? Which is designed specifically for busting up external interference from an outside source, that may screw up the display on a television set or computer?

I imagine in 2014 multiple devices for such a purpose must exist?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I like what Foxy is saying; check out some calibration tools. Do you have the any Disney or Pixar DVDs? They often had some basic calibration tools, that could help understand and correct basic display problems.

NEOCP30 said:
As written in the OP, yes I have tried LCD flat screen monitors. To be more specific, A Gateway FPD 1730. And a Gateway TFT 1780. Both display the same anomaly.
And this anomaly is a distortion of the display? The LCD is bowing or warping in the same way as the CRTs? Are you actually losing pixels at the edge of the display?

Is it possible you've got a separate LCD or PC problem that coincidentally is happening as you're noticing possibly normal problems from CRTs...or perhaps a worsening in aging CRTs?

Unfortunately, at heart, I don't understand what you're seeing. And I can't conceive of how the same thing is happening simultaneously on multiple CRTs and LCDs. I think you've got multiple things happening at once that have to be separately diagnosed.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
DaveF said:
I like what Foxy is saying; check out some calibration tools. Do you have the any Disney or Pixar DVDs? They often had some basic calibration tools, that could help understand and correct basic display problems.

And this anomaly is a distortion of the display? The LCD is bowing or warping in the same way as the CRTs? Are you actually losing pixels at the edge of the display?

Is it possible you've got a separate LCD or PC problem that coincidentally is happening as you're noticing possibly normal problems from CRTs...or perhaps a worsening in aging CRTs?

Unfortunately, at heart, I don't understand what you're seeing. And I can't conceive of how the same thing is happening simultaneously on multiple CRTs and LCDs. I think you've got multiple things happening at once that have to be separately diagnosed.

My CRT displays show the stretching on the left and right sides of the screen. This causes the display to be distorted in the middle and text and stuff looks washed out and faded.

My flat screen monitors show the same stretching. Except because they are flat and not crt monitors? It shows more like an open glass window, tilted backwards. Or a seesaw.

My t.v.s are also displaying the same thing. In different ways, but ultimately? The one constant ALL of these devices show is degraded picture quality. Since this happens when I plug up my t.v. or computers in my apartment or outside of it, in the hallway of my building. I am starting to think based on the answers I've gotten here. And the previous diagnosis done, there's a powerful electromagnetic field or transmitter field jacking up my stuff.

So I have tried to explain the problem best I can Dave. I need to know now, if anyone knows anything about signal busters or jammers? There are devices you can buy that block cell phone signals, right? So, if I have an EMI issue. Or some sort of external field jacking up my cable signal (tv) and my vga signal (pc).....what device can I get to block it out from my residence? Or bust up its hold on my apartment?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If it's a powerful airborne frequency or magnetic field i would be more worried about what it's doing to me, there would be strict interference rules against these things, there are in the UK, so i doubt it's that, more likely an issue with your wiring and voltage.

If this is an apartment i would first ask other people in the building if they are experiencing the same thing, especially the people directly above or below you, there are power conditioners, i use one for my home cinema room, more to protect against surges than condition the line but here is a link, you can find others on Amazon by putting power conditioner into the search bar, i do not know how well the one linked to works so search out some reviews from external sites before you purchase anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Furman-SS-6B-Outlets-Standard-Conditioning/dp/B0002D017M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1401949506&sr=8-5&keywords=power+conditioners

In fact you will probably find all they do is filter out the clicks from your fridge door and lights being switched on, as well as old lawnmower noise, that all used to drive me mad but they cure that, you can also buy voltage conditioners, more likely to solve your issue than the above and remember Amazon has a 30 day return period, try and if they work then good.

http://www.amazon.com/APC-LE600-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator/dp/B00009RA5Z/ref=pd_sim_e_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=0T546A9H30PA8VPS8V11

The above will only lower voltage that is too high by 6%, there may be other brands out there that do better, not convinced though that the power would be excessively high in your apartment and if it is then a 6% drop is not going to really do much, your power is probably within tolerance levels or they would have fixed it, you need to find out what they meant when they said it's a bit high, is it 10% over, 15% over, 20% over, a figure would be needed.

I would really ask others around you what they experience first and carefully test your equipment, plug it into every socket in your house and note the results, you say during storms there is a small improvement, signals can degrade during storms so if something external is causing interference it could be weaker during a storm, for distortion and external i would think magnetic.

Bit confused though, in a post above you talk about an RCA 32 inch television and say the stretching is not on that set, i would be questioning things then, why is it on your other sets but not that one, that would surely rule out voltage and interference and point to issues with the other sets instead.

As Sherlock Holmes once said, once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
NEOCP30 said:
My flat screen monitors show the same stretching. Except because they are flat and not crt monitors? It shows more like an open glass window, tilted backwards. Or a seesaw. ?
Which "flat screen" monitors? Because your RCA tru flat is a CRT. Is this specific to CRT? And do all of them have the same problem? Or, do LCD monitors show the same problems? Are they all connected to different video sources? Is there any commonality there?Have you taken a problem monitor outside the house to a friends to see if the problem abates? Have you rotated a TV by 90 deg to see if the problem remains or changes?Additionally, you can get a UPS for under a $100http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP425SLG-Standby-425VA-Compact/dp/B0030SL08A/ref=pd_sim_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TQEXJ7EB2A0WPJH6MRQ

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
DaveF said:
Which "flat screen" monitors? Because your RCA tru flat is a CRT. Is this specific to CRT? And do all of them have the same problem? Or, do LCD monitors show the same problems?Are they all connected to different video sources? Is there any commonality there?Have you taken a problem monitor outside the house to a friends to see if the problem abates?Have you rotated a TV by 90 deg to see if the problem remains or changes?Additionally, you can get a UPS for under a $100http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP425SLG-Standby-425VA-Compact/dp/B0030SL08A/ref=pd_sim_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TQEXJ7EB2A0WPJH6MRQ

K let me try and be more clear. My sharp 30 inch t.v.s, and my RCA Tru Flat are my television sets.

My Gateway CRT and my Gateway LCD Monitors are for my PC only. I don't have my computer hooked up to my television at all. I'm old school I guess. I keep both devices separate. But both my tv and my PC are being affected by this strange anomoly in the EXACT, SAME way.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
FoxyMulder said:
If it's a powerful airborne frequency or magnetic field i would be more worried about what it's doing to me, there would be strict interference rules against these things, there are in the UK, so i doubt it's that, more likely an issue with your wiring and voltage.

If this is an apartment i would first ask other people in the building if they are experiencing the same thing, especially the people directly above or below you, there are power conditioners, i use one for my home cinema room, more to protect against surges than condition the line but here is a link, you can find others on Amazon by putting power conditioner into the search bar, i do not know how well the one linked to works so search out some reviews from external sites before you purchase anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Furman-SS-6B-Outlets-Standard-Conditioning/dp/B0002D017M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1401949506&sr=8-5&keywords=power+conditioners

In fact you will probably find all they do is filter out the clicks from your fridge door and lights being switched on, as well as old lawnmower noise, that all used to drive me mad but they cure that, you can also buy voltage conditioners, more likely to solve your issue than the above and remember Amazon has a 30 day return period, try and if they work then good.

http://www.amazon.com/APC-LE600-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator/dp/B00009RA5Z/ref=pd_sim_e_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=0T546A9H30PA8VPS8V11

The above will only lower voltage that is too high by 6%, there may be other brands out there that do better, not convinced though that the power would be excessively high in your apartment and if it is then a 6% drop is not going to really do much, your power is probably within tolerance levels or they would have fixed it, you need to find out what they meant when they said it's a bit high, is it 10% over, 15% over, 20% over, a figure would be needed.

I would really ask others around you what they experience first and carefully test your equipment, plug it into every socket in your house and note the results, you say during storms there is a small improvement, signals can degrade during storms so if something external is causing interference it could be weaker during a storm, for distortion and external i would think magnetic.

Bit confused though, in a post above you talk about an RCA 32 inch television and say the stretching is not on that set, i would be questioning things then, why is it on your other sets but not that one, that would surely rule out voltage and interference and point to issues with the other sets instead.

As Sherlock Holmes once said, once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

The reason you don't see the stretching on my RCA Tru Flat tv is because it's designed differently. It's a FLAT SCREEN. So the picture, even if something was forcing it to do so? It couldn't stretch out on the sides. Because unlike curved glass sets? The rectangular design doesn't allow it to. BUT.....remember when I said t.v. picture is greatly degraded because of this interference?

My Tru Flat does share that in common with the other t.v. sets. Not as badly, because it's an HD set with an HD digital cable box, but the picture is far from crystal clear as it used to be.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
NEOCP30 said:
The reason you don't see the stretching on my RCA Tru Flat tv is because it's designed differently. It's a FLAT SCREEN. So the picture, even if something was forcing it to do so? It couldn't stretch out on the sides. Because unlike curved glass sets? The rectangular design doesn't allow it to. BUT.....remember when I said t.v. picture is greatly degraded because of this interference?

My Tru Flat does share that in common with the other t.v. sets. Not as badly, because it's an HD set with an HD digital cable box, but the picture is far from crystal clear as it used to be.
Okay let me get this straight then, it's only the tube based televisions that show this distortion. ?

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
FoxyMulder said:
Okay let me get this straight then, it's only the tube based televisions that show this distortion. ?

In the sense of the stretched screen causing a bulge in the middle of the glass? Correct.

My tru flat doesn't share that symptom. But....it does share the degraded picture quality symptom because of this interference. The degraded picture quality is UNIVERSAL to ALL the televisions in my apartment. The stretched screen/bulge symptom, is confined to my Sharp tube t.v.s.

It's kind of the same thing with the PC's as well. My CRT computer monitors? Show the stretched screen and bulge in the middle. My LCD computer monitors. The stretching there appears from top to bottom. Instead of from left to right. But there's no bulge in the middle of my LCD computer monitors. There's just a strange lopsided slant. Where what appears on the screen looks more like a downward slide. Or slope.

This interference affects my televisions and computer monitors in total. But depending on the design of the televisions or monitors in question? You get a different type of warping. Similar to how medicine pills affect humans. Two people can be under the influence of cold or allergy pills, ok? But the side effects will differ between the two.

One person might get drowsy, another might have watery eyes as a side effect of the medication. But ultimately, the catalyst for both side effects in both people? Are the pills themselves. In my situation. The warping caused by whatever THIS IS? Leaves a different imprint on my different televisions and monitors. But it leaves an imprint nonetheless.

Whether it's a stretched screen, or not. But the one thing THEY ALL SHARE IN COMMON. TV, PC MONITORS OF ALL MAKES AND MODELS. Is a serious decline in picture quality. We're talking blurry text, washed out text, faded or washed out picture. That sort of thing.

SO IN FULL: This glitch? Or whatever it is? Is affecting ALL MY TVS. AND ALL MY PC MONITORS. But depending on the make and model (TUBE TV OR HDTV) (CRT MONITOR OR FLAT LCD MONITOR)...you will see the glitch manifest itself in different ways. With picture/text quality degredation...as THE ONE CONSTANT ACROSS ALL THE DIFFERENT SPECTRUMS.

In other news, I also notice with my tvs and pc monitors, that because of this glitch? When I am watching video on my PC, the video is choppy and glitchy most of the time. Especially when a video is zooming out or pulling back. When I am watching TV (CNN for example). When they zoom out of a video or crowd shot? The picture gets choppy and glitchy and slow. Instead of a normal, quick smooth transition between zooming in, and zooming out on a picture, screen, or camera shot.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
But I'd like to hear more about this voltage stuff. How and what within my voltage or current, that comes into my apartment. Could be causing these glitches and warping issues? Is it dirty power? Is there something in the area eating up large amounts of electricity?

And why are my other devices such as lights, fridges, phones, coffee maker, microwave, clocks, washer/dryer, fans, air conditioners, etc not being affected by this? They all plug into the wall and rely on the wiring in the building and energy from my power company/supplier as well.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
NEOCP30 said:
But I'd like to hear more about this voltage stuff. How and what within my voltage or current, that comes into my apartment. Could be causing these glitches and warping issues? Is it dirty power? Is there something in the area eating up large amounts of electricity?

And why are my other devices such as lights, fridges, phones, coffee maker, microwave, clocks, washer/dryer, fans, air conditioners, etc not being affected by this? They all plug into the wall and rely on the wiring in the building and energy from my power company/supplier as well.
The electricians said your voltage was a little high, that could mean many things, it could mean it's within tolerance levels and just fine or it could be it's high enough to cause issues with your television sets, it could be shortening the life of all those other devices too or they could be built to withstand voltage fluctuations better than the televisions but as you watch television you are therefore more likely to notice an issue with a TV than with a coffee maker.

Just throwing some idea's out there since it's hard to pin down without being there and seeing the fault in person, make a list and troubleshoot , you need to eliminate all possible causes one at a time and that can be difficult and time consuming, at the moment i think a voltage issue is still a concern until you know what the electrician meant when he said it was a little high to you.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
FoxyMulder said:
The electricians said your voltage was a little high, that could mean many things, it could mean it's within tolerance levels and just fine or it could be it's high enough to cause issues with your television sets, it could be shortening the life of all those other devices too or they could be built to withstand voltage fluctuations better than the televisions but as you watch television you are therefore more likely to notice an issue with a TV than with a coffee maker.

Just throwing some idea's out there since it's hard to pin down without being there and seeing the fault in person, make a list and troubleshoot , you need to eliminate all possible causes one at a time and that can be difficult and time consuming, at the moment i think a voltage issue is still a concern until you know what the electrician meant when he said it was a little high to you.

Ok here is the list of things I've eliminated over the last year........

Internet/DSL
Cable Company Equipment
Building circuit breaker
Wiring in apartment
television sets
computer tower
computer monitor
video cards
rooms themselves (living room, bed room, etc)
Sockets/Outlets in the apartment
Old devices such as stored away PC's, old dvd players, etc
Other possible interferants (stoves, ovens, washers, dryers, microwaves)
Magnets of any kind
Neighbors devices
damaged PC or tv wires
My own vision
Moving PC from apartment to building Hallway

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
By the way, you'll see on that list. I ran one of those orange long cords into the Hallway of my building and plugged up my PC to see if there was any change. But there was none. So if it is the voltage, it would mean the voltage to my building is overly high not just my apartment?

I remember the electricians telling me though that voltage being a little high was nothing that would cause this. Also if the high voltage had maybe damaged anything buying new equipment should've fixed that issue. That would be a voltage or power SPIKE right? A spike is like a momentary or minute-based increase in voltage. I bought a new Dell PC after the new Gateway PC and the moment I plugged it in the issue persisted with no change at all.

The carry over from one new device to the next, leads me to believe that more than a power spike is happening here.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
In order to be certain, you need to take your PC and monitor to another building and plug them in there. Do you have a friend whose apartment/house you could test at? I would think that the easiest way to confirm 100% it's your building or something near/in it.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
Dave Upton said:
In order to be certain, you need to take your PC and monitor to another building and plug them in there. Do you have a friend whose apartment/house you could test at? I would think that the easiest way to confirm 100% it's your building or something near/in it.
Yeah I did that back in January. Took my small form tower to my uncles house in Queens NY. We tested a flat screen PC monitor and crt there. Everything came up right as rain. When I brought her back to my apartment, and plugged everything back up? It went back to weirds-ville. So I know it's my building or my area. But I am trying to solve this issue because I can't just move in with my uncle lol. If only it were that easy. :D

The thing is. I don't feel like my equipment (t.v. or pc) are damaged or have been damaged. When I look at them, I feel the stretched out sides are the key. If they return to normal, everything falls right back into place and my life goes on. The problem is, tracking down the source catalyst.

At first I figured it was my PC. Just buy a new one, ho-hum. But as the months went by, and I troubleshot more and more I realized whatever this is? Is really f'king complicated. And complex. I was surprised to learn that when the electricians arrived, they found no problems in my apartment, or the circuit breaker downstairs in the building.

At this point it could be an evil genie or gremlin at work for all I know. :P

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
NEOCP30 said:
My Gateway CRT and my Gateway LCD Monitors are for my PC only. I don't have my computer hooked up to my television at all. I'm old school I guess. I keep both devices separate. But both my tv and my PC are being affected by this strange anomoly in the EXACT, SAME way.
That's not possible.
NEOCP30 said:
Yeah I did that back in January. Took my small form tower to my uncles house in Queens NY. We tested a flat screen PC monitor and crt there. Everything came up right as rain. When I brought her back to my apartment, and plugged everything back up? It went back to weirds-ville. So I know it's my building or my area. But I am trying to solve this issue because I can't just move in with my uncle lol. If only it were that easy. :D

The thing is. I don't feel like my equipment (t.v. or pc) are damaged or have been damaged. When I look at them, I feel the stretched out sides are the key. If they return to normal, everything falls right back into place and my life goes on. The problem is, tracking down the source catalyst.
Ok. You're saying that every display device in your apartment has signal degradation. It's independent of technology (CRT and LCD). It's independent of outlet (different rooms). It's independent of signal source (PC, cable, DVD, etc.) It is specific to your apartment, because the same display that looks wonky in your apt is normal at your Uncle's.

Additional data to collect: is this specific to you and your apt? Can you find an excuse to look at a neighbor's TV or computer display? Do you see similar problems?

First guess: Severe under or over voltages in your apartment, or very noisy power quality, enough to bleed through the displays transformer and degrade display quality. Try a line conditioner or UPS (that always run through the battery) and see if that helps. (My experience is that slight under voltages, over time, can damage computer hardware. But that's going back 15 years. H'ware might be more stable now.)

Second guess: You're near a radio or TV station or maybe even an airport (radar dish). Something that produces large signals that are interfering with your TVs. Do you ever notice any weird noises or poor quality on your computer speakers, headphones, or stereo speakers? Do you have troubles with wifi strength? If you try a power conditioner and it doesn't fix it, here's a crazy but easy thing to try: wrap the power cord and display with Aluminum foil. Wrap up the front too so there's just enough opening to peer in with an eyeball. See if the picture quality improves. This isn't an for-sure check, since the signal degradation might be happening through the signal source or the power wiring in the walls. But it's not too difficult to try against this crazy problem. Also, while you're at it, you can take measures to stop the Grays from reading your thoughts. ;)

Third option. Nuke from orbit and move. It's haunted. Military testing in the basement. Get out.

NEOCP30

Agent
Real Name
Nick
DaveF said:
That's not possible.

Ok. You're saying that every display device in your apartment has signal degradation. It's independent of technology (CRT and LCD). It's independent of outlet (different rooms). It's independent of signal source (PC, cable, DVD, etc.) It is specific to your apartment, because the same display that looks wonky in your apt is normal at your Uncle's.

Additional data to collect: is this specific to you and your apt? Can you find an excuse to look at a neighbor's TV or computer display? Do you see similar problems?

First guess: Severe under or over voltages in your apartment, or very noisy power quality, enough to bleed through the displays transformer and degrade display quality. Try a line conditioner or UPS (that always run through the battery) and see if that helps. (My experience is that slight under voltages, over time, can damage computer hardware. But that's going back 15 years. H'ware might be more stable now.)

Second guess: You're near a radio or TV station or maybe even an airport (radar dish). Something that produces large signals that are interfering with your TVs. Do you ever notice any weird noises or poor quality on your computer speakers, headphones, or stereo speakers? Do you have troubles with wifi strength? If you try a power conditioner and it doesn't fix it, here's a crazy but easy thing to try: wrap the power cord and display with Aluminum foil. Wrap up the front too so there's just enough opening to peer in with an eyeball. See if the picture quality improves. This isn't an for-sure check, since the signal degradation might be happening through the signal source or the power wiring in the walls. But it's not too difficult to try against this crazy problem. Also, while you're at it, you can take measures to stop the Grays from reading your thoughts. ;)

Third option. Nuke from orbit and move. It's haunted. Military testing in the basement. Get out.

Ok now on the subject of a power conditioner, can you recommend any specific brand? And there are power conditioners and line conditioners. Which one should I get?

My PC speakers were a bit noisy the last pair I had. The ones I have now are USB PC speakers. I've heard those are always noisy. I've also heard when you plug headphones into the computer jack it's always noisy sometimes too.

Now my wifi, my DSL? As of when this weirdness began happening? I'd have some nights where my DSL would disconnect often. Sometimes it would spend upwards of 60 minutes trying to reconnect itself. This would happen maybe once every 2 or 3 months. But mostly during the Summer. It happened again as recently as last weekend.

I tried the foil thing, didn't work. Tried it a long time ago. But when this anomaly changes, the tv and computer both change. This is why I don't believe neither are damaged because recently, the bulge got worse in my t.v. on the same day that it got worse on my pc screen. So whatever is causing this? It makes my tv and pc worse at the same time. And when it tapers off a tad? Both devices improve about the same amount.

I like your theory about over/under voltages or noisy power quality. Now I just need a list of items/devices that choke out these problems so they cannot enter my apartment. I remember reading about copper shielding? Some sort of shielding tape or wire I could buy? Judging by what the electricians said when here prior? UNDER VOLTAGE is not happening. OVER VOLTAGES could be the issue. But how would I tell my power company to decrease the voltage being sent to my apartment?

That'd mean they'd have to decrease it for the whole building. But I think we're onto something here about noisy power/over voltages. So I assume there are a list of devices/products that are the antithesis to these problems?

In reference to your question.......

I don't live anywhere near an airport. Or radio station. Now as far as a radio is concerned, when people are doing construction work. Do they bring in any radio or frequency devices? We have a rec center being built across the street from an apartment building that sits on the left side of my building. It's laid out like this........

My building - another apartment building - small parking lot for that building - street - then construction site.

Also one of the houses in back of mine has a satellite dish. But I don't think that's the problem. Because I moved my PC all the way to the last bedroom at the opposite end of the house and plugged it in. Still the same issue appears. Plus I read satellite dishes are equipped and built in a way so they don't wreak havoc with other devices such as PC's, cell phones, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks