What's new

Thinking of getting the NAD T762? (1 Viewer)

mike.snazzy

Auditioning
I am considering trading up from a Marantz SR5200 to the NAD T762. I am about 60% music and 40% movies? I'm sure it sounds great for HT, but does anyone know how it sounds for 2 channel stereo? It will be connected to the NAD 541i CD player. I listen to pretty much anything except heavy metal and rap. It will be connected to magnepans 1.6 or legacy signature III's. Any comments or experiences with tis type of system?

Jonathan M

Second Unit
Hi Mike,

I have a T752 and use it in 2 channel mode only at this stage, as the rest of my speakers are still being built (Lots of sanding to be done - fun, fun!). It sounds fantastic.

You may want to check the posts on the avsforum regarding the T762 and some small problems that some people have been having (Which I believe NAD has solved). Also, be aware that the T762 will do no bass management on analog signals unless you have a DSP mode engaged (See my post here regarding this). If you hook up your C541i via the digital outputs, though, you'll have no problems as bass management is fully functional in this scenario. Note that the T762 is likely to have the same DACs as the C541i (Or just as good.)

The NAD T752 I have sounds fantastic. As the T762 has some notable advantages (Toroid transformer, more output power, main ins for all channels etc. etc.) I expect it will also perform superbly.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks