What's new

Things to do in Nashville? (1 Viewer)

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Coming by way of Los Angeles- any nice big touristy suggestions would be appreciated! Staying for only a few days.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
There's several nice attractions around Nashvville. Went to college there in the 60's, and I loved the city. Get a tourist map for the latest info..... I was through there last year, and as usual with cities, some roads were a mess......

mylan

Screenwriter
Went there last October, had only a day so we had to choose between the Opryland Hotel or music row, we chose music row, this is a must see. I can't remember the street but just tell the cabbie to take you to the GayLord Center.
There is one main street where all the bars are located, the bands start playing and the beer starts flowing around 10 A.M. on a Saturday! Tootsies is an institution and must be seen, it is a dive bar across from the Ryman Auditorium where stars used to grab a quick drink between sets and where many stars were discoveed.
Take the guided tour of the Ryman, lots of history, you get to go backstage and tour dressing rooms and even stand on stage.
The Country Music Hall Of Fame museum is just off the main drag.
The Stockyard resturant had unreal steaks but is pricey, overall a great trip.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I used to visit Nashville frequently long ago. And I do not ever indulge in touristy stuff. My favorite hangout in that town was a cool bar called The Gold Rush. And I remember a rock club called 12th & Porter (at, of course, 12th and Porter). I also liked Percy Warner Park for some reason.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
2nd Avenue is loaded with bars and restaurants....just park and walk the strip, hit the microbrewery's, coyote ugly, etc. Plenty of fun to be had on 2nd Ave.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I always enjoyed Centennial Park (near Vanderbilt) with the life-size reproduction of the Parthenon.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
If you're going to be there on a Fri or Sat night, take in a performance at the Grand Ole Opry. Even if you're not a country fan, seeing a 2 1/2 hour concert that doubles as a live radio show is a sight to behold. The sheer breadth and depth of talent is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks