What's new

Things that shouldn't be (1 Viewer)

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
-- I have purchased several discs to find that, upon playing them, the first thing I get is this REALLY crappy music that goes along with this "Downloading is Illegal" video .......
HELLO! I've just purchased this, why am I subjected to this?

-- The thing about the studio not being responsible for the commentaries ......
How about we only see that if we are actually watching the commentaries? I don't need to know about commentaries when I'm watching the movies.

-- How many times do I need to be told what studio it is before the movie starts?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
The Studios can put all this stuff in that they want as long as I'm able to jump straight to the menu if I want. I REALLY dislike being subjected to ads & previews without the ability to get to the menu directly.

Stanton Heck

Agent
I think audio comentarys should be like a film school! I am tired of bimbo actress talking about there hair customes and makeup! If this actress want to talk then fine but let the directors have a comentary to themselves. "Christmas Vacation" is a prime example on why actress should not be able to give an audio comentary!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed that especially with the new blue-background FBI warning, newer releases have locked out the chapter-skip button during it. That makes me give it the finger and also makes me WANT to break copyright laws! :angry:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

What is the most maddening & infuriating to me is when you can't escape a boatload of previews you don't want to see! :angry: :angry:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

I agree - I MUCH prefer commentaries from directors, critics and film historians who do not indulge in the very tiresome mutual admiration bullshit. Tom Weaver remains my favorite commentator because he simply packs an incredible amount of information into his essays, while adding a bit of humor and even irreverence occasionally, when warranted. The man does his homework. Actor commentaries are frequently vanity forums, and I leave them after about ten minutes.

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I'm saying, really.

Put all you want in there, studios, but, when I start a movie, it should go straight to the menu. If I choose "commentaries" then give me the commentary warning

I see no reason at all for the video about "you wouldn't steal a car". There's already an FBI warning about piracy in English AND French. I'm surprised it's not in Spanish also.

Previews - either allow me to skip them or give me the choice to view them in the menu. Don't MAKE me watch them.

And Sony, What's the deal with your DVD text? Is it just non-compatibility with my player or do your discs have cross-recognition problems everywhere.
I've got a changer and it's only Sony Pictures that several discs are recognized as the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks