What's new

Things that baffle you? (2 Viewers)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'll start with one that always gets me.

I've read several comments on websites over the years where people will say how much they dislike a certain smartphone because the screen is "too fragile".

But they always like to qualify their statements with silly things like "I just dropped it from not very far onto a tile/concrete floor"

Well what did ya expect ya dipwad??!! It's GLASSS...it will crack/break/shatter!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
This driving style always baffles me.

I was driving home last night so typical busy traffic. An SUV two cars in front of me puts their right turn blinker on, So of course we assume they are getting ready to slow down and turn into one of the numerous right turn roads/shopping center entrances at any second. Nope..they pass turn 1...turn 2....turn 7.....this person litrally put their blinker on a good 1/4 MILE before they turned at the main intersection.

Why do people do this??

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
The crappy way Warner Brothers treats the Snoopy/Peanuts and the Scooby franchises--repeated double dips, remastering specials for HD and NOT releasing them on blu-ray.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My dog Scooter is an old dog yet she learns new tricks! Her latest... I taught her how to turn around, walk back a little, do a 180 then run to jump up on something high. She used to try, fail sometimes, and just stand there looking at me. had to do something!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Alf S said:
I'll start with one that always gets me.

I've read several comments on websites over the years where people will say how much they dislike a certain smartphone because the screen is "too fragile".

But they always like to qualify their statements with silly things like "I just dropped it from not very far onto a tile/concrete floor"

Well what did ya expect ya dipwad??!! It's GLASSS...it will crack/break/shatter!
Smartphones in general bother me. I've got a $30 cheapie from Walmart where I add minutes as needed, no monthly plan.

Probably comes from my last job where I did all the IT work. Servers, cabling, equipment, printers and of course was in charge of the phone system.

Managed about 150 phones, all the billing, etc. This was back before you could buy a giant pool of minutes that everyone would share, so individual accounts for every phone.

I chose the model of phone, refused to support 20 different styles because somebody didn't like the screen, it was to big, it was to hot... Pissed off a lot of people, but tough luck, I was the boss.

But even now, I despise mobile phones. I keep my cheapo in the car for emergencies, but life goes on without a smartphone. Maybe a bit of anti-technology from me, but I'm doing fine without one.

Even this morning, somebody going 15 mph in front of me. On a phone and naturally it turns out to be a woman. Completely illegal in Washington, but no cops around when one of these idiots is on the road.

Anyhow, to stay on topic, smartphones and women drivers baffle me :rolleyes:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Speaking of phones.

On same road trip home from work yesterday I'm behind a woman and traffic is stopped. Traffic starts up and she doesn't move. I see her fidgeting around so I give a polite tap on the horn. Nothing. by now traffic is flowing all around her...she still sits. I BLARE on the horn...nothing. FINALLY she catches a clue. And yep, as i pass her (going to slow too boot) she's staring at her phone.

UGH!!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
That anybody would associate with Dr. Walter Palmer in any way ever again.

Palmer the Killer.jpg

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
As an animal lover I have to say this level of cruelty and barbarism baffles me.

(Moderator Note: removed link. I understand the sentiment, we don't need that when browsing for fun and relaxation.)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
dvdclon said:
That people actually drink buttermilk willingly.

Both my parents did, but none of the kids went there.
My dad loves buttermilk and uses it to wash down his home-made chocolate cake on which he's put white beans (sometimes with pepper sauce)! He once paid my sister and me 50 cents each to drink a glass of buttermilk - each with our own glass. He wanted a 12 oz. glass but we talked him down to a 4 oz. glass. It was the hardest 50 cents I've ever earned!

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
BobO'Link said:
My dad loves buttermilk and uses it to wash down his home-made chocolate cake on which he's put white beans (sometimes with pepper sauce)! He once paid my sister and me 50 cents each to drink a glass of buttermilk - each with our own glass. He wanted a 12 oz. glass but we talked him down to a 4 oz. glass. It was the hardest 50 cents I've ever earned!
My parents would always dunk cornbread in their buttermilk. Your dad makes them seem downright normal.

At the risk of offending Alf S, I like eggnog. It's just a shame that for public safety reasons it's available only around Christmas.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
dvdclon said:
At the risk of offending Alf S, I like eggnog. It's just a shame that for public safety reasons it's available only around Christmas.
People don't like Eggnog? That can't be right. That would be baffling, if it were so. Which I seriously doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks