What's new

Things I've noticed about HTF since returning. (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Gene,

I too really enjoy Monk. Randy Disher is at times hilarious.

Best wishes in catching Mike Frezon. On that day, there ought to be an HTF party. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Oh, and I lost about 20,000 post counts when we moved over to this platform. So whenever you see my post count from now and to infinity (and beyond) just add 20,000.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I don't even remember how many posts I lost from my count. Several thousand, in the last change, certainly, and I think it was also wiped in an previous software update as well. I definitely remember my join date being erased completely, after a vBulletin update, and showing up as a blank before the Huddler switch me dumped me back in 1969.

Regards,

Joe

Randy Ghost

Agent
I remeber the old days and do kinda miss them is a way when HTF and Digital Theater were in competition with each other. Some of them threads made for good reading at times, and other times were not. I've always liked a good debate. I don't have a problem with the new layout and forum code change. I will say this, the Huddler code works much better then the old UBB code. I only reason I stopped posting was I had nothing to say or ask over thelast few years. LOL Anyone remeber the old debate over the cloth hanger and monster cable...

Back to lurking

Randy

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey, so this is where all the geezers hang out!

Welcome back Jack, it's good to see you online again.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I'm oooooold! And I'm not happy! And I don't like things now compared to the way they used to be. All this progress -- phooey! In my day, we didn't have these cash machines that would give you money when you needed it. There was only one bank in each state -- it was open only one hour a year. And you'd get in line, seventeen miles long, and the line became an angry mob of people -- fornicators and thieves, mutant children and circus freaks -- and you waited for years and by the time you got to the teller, you were senile and arthritic and you couldn't remember your own name. You were born, got in line, and ya died! And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Life was a carnival! We entertained ourselves! We didn't need moooovin' pitchurrrres. In my day, there was only one show in town -- it was called "Stare at the sun!" ... That's right! You'd sit in the middle of an open field and stare up at the sun till your eyeballs burst into flames! And you thought, "Oh, no! Maybe I shouldn't've stared directly into the burning sun with my eyes wide open." But it was too late! Your head was on fire and people were roastin' chickens over it. ... And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Progress?! Flobble-de-flee! In my day, when we were angry and frustrated, we just said, "Flobble-de-flee!" 'cause we were idiots and we didn't know what else to say! Just a bunch o' illiterate Cro-Magnons, waitin' in lines for our head to burst into flame and that's the way it was and we liked it!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'll say this. Now that I'm finally no longer playing the good o' days w/ IE6 (at least at home) and am now running Firefox, HTF 2.0.bajillion is not so bad afterall.

_Man_

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben

Nah, the true geezers are in another thread (which shall remain nameless) lamenting the death of the "good ol' HTF" and sounding a lot like Bryan's rendition of Dana Carvey.

Why...i think i just might know what you are talking about?

But then again, i do not mind so much the way things are now.

After i stopped using Safari, installed add blocking, and have my user name and password saved on my computer...so i do not have to go through the anguish of logging in every couple of weeks. I am OK with the new platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks