What's new

They don't mak trailers like they use to ! (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut had a great trailer. What do you guys think of stragetegies like the The Truman Show's where the trailer gives you info you're expected to know before watching the movie?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
here's an idea: what about a movie that assumes you've seen the trailer and jokes about it? there could be a big scene in the trailer that shows one thing, then in the movie they do something totally opposite and look into the camera afterwards with a "ha! weren't expecting that were ya?" expression.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The Titanic trailer, at more than 4 min long IIRC is possibly the longuest railer I have ever seen and yes, it pretty much sumarises the movie.

--
Holadem

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
what about a movie that assumes you've seen the trailer and jokes about it? there could be a big scene in the trailer that shows one thing, then in the movie they do something totally opposite and look into the camera afterwards with a "ha! weren't expecting that were ya?" expression.
I guess that may happen but what I really think causes this most of the time is the fact that film trailers are quite often made before the film is completely through the editing process and sometimes footage used in a trailer or teaser trailer is left out, or alternate takes are used, while the film itself is still being edited.

jessi01

Grip
Real Name
jessi
I do agree.. today in trailers they just have flash and some action scenes.. nothing more entertaining..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks