What's new

Theatres Issue Device To Report Rude Moviegoers (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I saw this on the Today Show this morning.

It is a great idea. I can't tell you how many times I've suffered through Projection problems, but not wanting to go all the way to the lobby (and missing part of the film) to complain. This would solve that.

But, I can also see it being abused quite a bit.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Where's the model that displays a floorplan and allows you to send a taser shock to individual seats? The theater that hands those babies out would get all my business. :D

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I think it's a great idea.

When I saw Goldeneye in the theatre, they had the volume set far too loud and your ears actually hurt whenever there was gunfire. People all had their hands over their ears. I went out and quickly found the manager and asked him to check the sound because I didn't want it to ruin a Bond film I had been anxious to see. This device would have helped in that situation.

From the article:
[Box]"I think it's a little bit too much," Alexander Sodon said. "I think people should just go to the movies and just watch the movie and not worry about pressing a button to solve their problems." [/Box]

:laugh: Yeah, because someone's going to be really worried about whether or not to press the button.

"Man, the sound and picture on this movie sucks, and that guy is making a lot of noise, but is it worth all the trouble of pressing down on this button with my thumb? I don't know, maybe that is a bit much ."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Could you push the button if you wanted a refill on popcorn or soda? :D

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> think people should just go to the movies and just watch the movie and not worry about pressing a button to solve their problems

Yes, if everyone else behaved, we could do without this. And if everyone was always nice, there'd be no crime, and we wouldn't need jails or police.

Back to this planet...

The #1 reason I rarely go to movies is the way the rest of the audience acts. I think a lot of people are in the same boat. It's not that I don't want to see the movies coming out, but the experience I expect.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Can you use the device to get another pillow, or a drink, or to ask if the strange noise you can hear is normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks