What's new

Theaters come Theaters go, my adventures in building theaters. (1 Viewer)

Andy_Capone

Auditioning
Well it seems to have happened again every time I put the finishing touches on my home theater I end up moving. I just finished the crown molding on my theater when I got a promotion and will be moving again. It happened to me 4 years earlier. So this time as I was shopping for houses I wanted something where I could just have the theater put up in less than 3 months and get to enjoy it. So here are some photos of the two theaters I have built. I did not take many construction pictures along the way on these two. The first one was a small beautiful 100 year old house, this home had a lot of character and the people before me made an attempt at a built in theater.
1481535464_cbd0f609df_s.jpg
Here are some construction shots making the component built in and removing their old built in entertainment center.
1480678441_6cb06dcd4e_s.jpg
1481536300_d18d0c8dda_s.jpg
Final theater shots I regret not taking more pictures. This was a very challenging theater in figuring out how to hang the projector, the spot where the projector was going to go was right by the entrance to the room and this room had a drop ceiling. What I finally ended up doing was buying a tv wall mount system that could rotate and strapped the projector to it which worked very well. The paint on the walls I was trying to recreate a look that someone else had posted here that they did in their theater. I did not accomplish it but it wasn't too bad . here are the final results. I had 106" screen Sony projector, Denon receiver, Infinity alpha speakers, Sunfire sub.
1480679245_fd8dcd8267_s.jpg
1480678937_5a4524ce86_s.jpg
1481537404_4fdd071e0e_s.jpg
1481537472_d332832c80_m.jpg

Andy_Capone

Auditioning
Here is my current theater soon to be gone now that it is finished, I upgraded the screen to a 120", upgraded my Denon receiver, and added a sony Blu Ray player. Regrettably it is hard to see the great detail in the wood work that went into this room. I choose a black stain for all the wood trim for a subtle touch to the room. I especially like the crown molding I got. Maybe I will get more pictures next time I am there. Here it is I did not take any construction pictures on this one. Oh yeah and anyone looking at buying expensive theater seats should look into luvsacs bean bags they make them from 4' up to 6' and they are the best thing to lay on and watch a movie in. I had two in my theater and those were always the first seats taken. Before paint Looking from the screen to the back
IMG_0527.jpg
from back to the front
IMG_0526.jpg
Watching dark knight
IMG_0536.jpg
Finished paint and trim
11273-13-alt.jpg
I guess it wasn't completely done I had a big 5' x 3' godfather poster I was going to have framed and hung on the back wall
IowaTheater2.jpg
Harmony 1100
IMG_0530.jpg
Mob movie picture
100_0090.jpg
Here is some of the stuff outside the theater leading into it
100_0075.jpg
100_0074.jpg
100_0073.jpg
100_0076.jpg
100_0077.jpg
100_0070.jpg
100_0069.jpg

Andy_Capone

Auditioning
As I mentioned earlier I am moving again and starting home theater projects #3 and #4. Here are some shot of what I have to work with. We are putting a theater set up in our master bedroom. Just got the ok today to do it. This will have to be a bit more subtle but still putting up a 106" screen. The challenge will be hiding all the components in the bedroom. Also I am hoping to generate any ideas on what to do in these rooms. This will be the main theater in the house and the picture is taken from the wall the screen will go on. we plan to hide all the components in a utility room which is just off this main room. Where the current tv is in this picture we plan to convert into some sort of workout room by day entertainment area with poker table by night.
Basement.jpg
Here is the wine bar already in place and another shot of the room, behind the door on the right is where the components will be hidden.
BasementWineBar.jpg
Here is the master bedroom suite we plan on putting the screen where the dresser is in this picture.
Bedroom1Master1.jpg
Bedroom1Master.jpg
hopefully these will be my last for a few years this will be 4 in 5 years.

Andy_Capone

Auditioning
I had a post with my second theater but a message popped up about having a moderate view it before posting, I am guessing due to the amount of pictures in it. so hopefully that one will be put back up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks