What's new

The Young Ones on dvd 17/9 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/06_19.html
In other Warner news, on 9/17 they will release a new BBC box set of The Complete Young Ones, the popular cult British comedy series. Full specs have not yet been announced, but the set is slated to include every episode and plenty of extras, all for a list price of $59.95.
this is great news
Thanks Warner
:emoji_thumbsup:

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
'one three'
'Hands up who likes me!'
'Sticky buns covered with humans the size of ameobas'(sp?)

Can't wait. I had the VHS but never watch that outdated and cumbersome technology.

Marc

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator
This means I'm going to be getting The Young Ones and The Civil War on the same day. Talk aobut culture shock...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what the heck "plenty of extras" would mean. What extras can there possibly be for a short-season, mostly-forgotten (but not by us!) British TV series? Hoping for a commentary in character myself....I just watched my bootleg of "Demolition" the other day and was wondering when this might come to disc. Hallelujah!

I do hope it's the uncut version and not the censored one that ran on MTV, though.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
What extras can there possibly be for a short-season, mostly-forgotten (but not by us!) British TV series?
The Young Ones is/was hugely popular in the UK, with almost all of the cast still major players in the British TV comedy scene. I'm sure there's a wealth of interviews& things about it already on tape, and it'd be real easy to get more from the actors as well as the writing crew.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting for this for a long time. My video tapes have seen better days.

Hey, what did they edit out on MTV?

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I'm waiting for the R2 releases, if only to avoid the PAL-to-NTSC conversions.

The first series is out in August for £15.99 (£11.99 from Play) and I would imagine they'd have exactly the same extras (given that they haven't been confirmed yet).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
These DVD's are practically a cure!
A cure for what?
A cure for not being an 'omicidal ax-wielding maniac!

Also expect the same day as "The Young Ones: Every Stoopid Episode" these BBC beauts: As Time Goes By Series 1 & 2, As Time Goes By Series 3, Father Ted: A Christmassy Ted, and perhaps some Sister Wendy as well!
If cover art and more details ever get released, maybe Gord and I will get some listings up at you-know-where!

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
Are they going backwards on the As Time Goes By series, or what? I saw season 4 available, but not 1, 2, or 3... Severely underappreciated show - First caught it by accident on PBS about 5 years ago, and got hooked... Makes you wish you could remember the time when the majority of people ACTED on television... (with some exceptions, of course):)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks