What's new

3D Blu-ray Review The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It's coming to downtown Albany on July 31, I have no idea how long the run is. I doubt the date being the same is a coincidence so there must be a limited release.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This movie just opened in one theater in Little Rock, and it's one of the lesser theaters. No mention in the listings that it's 3D. Bummer!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Opens today at two theatres in CT. No mention of 3D. I have the 3D Blu-ray so no big deal for me.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
It opens today in one venue in Dallas, in great 2D. What's the point? One of the most fascinating contemporary 3D movies sits on the shelf for several years, and this is all we get? I too have the BD, but would have gone to a theatrical screening.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
No press screenings and apparently no 3D here in NY. It'll be gone in a week, which was clearly the intent. Shameful but typical of Weinstein as it pushes mediocre fare like Southpaw and other Oscar tripe.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Fandango is listing the Columbia PArk Stadium in North Bergen as showing it in 3d but I'm calling the theater to confirm...

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, It was in 2D in Albany. It was clearly evident that the movie was meant for 3D however. Please do confirm it, Fandango listed 3D for Albany as well.

bluirv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Irv Haas
It's also playing here in Atlanta at a lesser theater about 25 miles from downtown. And--it's not in 3D!

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
This is such a nicely done 3D movie. It a shame that it is not even being given an chance to be seen correctly here in the States. The characters are charming and cinematography very well done. Friends who watched this with us felt the 3D to really add to its charm.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bob,

Fully agree with you. It's a great 3D film. Not too shocked that it hasn't been given its due here in the states. All the studios are treating the format like the red-headed stepchild.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Thank you Ron for the review. It convinced me to import the Digipack from amazon.fr. We watched T.S. Spivet last night on a Sony 75X940C through an Oppo BDP-95 thanks to the imegstore region free mod. I can't say enough to describe how much my entire family enjoyed this film. We're already looking forward to a repeat viewing sometime in the near future. Spivet has definitely skyrocketed up my list of 3-D demo material.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Update-- I ended up getting dogged by deadlines and then got sick. So I haven't seen the movie yet. BUT-- its 3D run has been extended through the 3rd of September.

It's playing at the Downtown Independent theater in Downtown LA

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I need to find out who the Canadian distributor is. See if I can petition them for a 3D Blu-ray release. Would solve the region issues for everyone.

Update: Does anyone know anything about the Australian Madman Entertainment release? Shows as region free on amazon.co.uk.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I just saw it. I don't have a region free player, so I imported the region A/free? Netherlands blu-ray from Proxis, and set me back about $28 shipped for the 3 disc set. Could not believe it.

What a wonderfully odd, awkward, beautiful film. Must be seen in 3D. Every shot is a diorama. A much more melancholy and moving experience than I was expecting.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I got the Dutch release as well and it looks and sounds glorious. Was worth the lengthy wait to get shipped over here. The only downside is that there are no English subs when Jeunet speaks in the documentary— it's a bummer, but not an unexpected one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks