What's new

THE WIRE season 4 (see post #1 re: SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Alright Wire folks, ya got to check this out:

For reference, the unaltered scene:

--
H

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Holadem, that was so, so funny. :D I'd been practising mimicking the senator's catchphrase.

btw, I have "a friend" who has now seen the whole of the new series. Really brilliant stuff. Apparently...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Me too! It's an obsession! I think I finally got it right. And mind you, my voice is much deeper than his (and closer to Carcetti's campaign manager's) :D

--
H

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
No, but there's also nothing new posted at HBO On Demand.

Maybe it has something to do with when in December HBO wants the season finale to run.

M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
:)

HBO's much praised strategy of releasing the entire season to reviewers may have generated stellar reviews, but was disastrous in other respects. I doubt they will be doing this in the future.

--
H

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
There is a post on the IMDB forums that lays out all the spoilers. I won't even post the link, lest I be accused of enticing someone to a decision to view it that they regret, but it's there.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Great stuff. He was just ripe for being made fun of. I also love his catch phrase. I have never seen anyone draw out that word as long as he has. thanks for the link.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Did everyone but me know that half of the deadliest pair on TV is actually female? I thought she was just a really soft-faced dude :eek:.

--
H

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't sure the first episode, but figured out it was a female by the second episode. She is The Wire's version of the old SNL character Pat.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

Yeah, but it took a while, because the character seems so androgynous - then I was like "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!"

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I realized it after the first episode, when I checked the character listing at HBO's website. Otherwise, it probably would have taken me quite a while.

The NYTimes ran a short article over the weekend about Felicia Pearson, who plays Snoop. It's an amazing story. She was a crack baby raised in a foster home; started dealing at 10; went to prison for seven years at age 14; and decided to change her life around at 18 when the local dealer who'd adopted her and nicknamed her "Snoop" was shot and killed.

Michael K. Williams, who plays Omar, spotted her at a club and recommended her to The Wire's producers, and the rest is nail-gun-toting history.

Full article for those with access.

M.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
I had a chance to sit down and watch this coming Sunday's episode - Unto Others. Another great episode. I can't wait to see what everything thinks of it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Among the many things to love was the resolution of the murdered witness case now that the campaign is over. Classic Wire! :D

M.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
You got it Michael! I loved the opening scene with Omar. Even in jail he has more information than most of the guys around him. Or maybe he just knows that he has pissed off just about everyone and knows that he always has to look over his shoulder.

Does anyone miss McNulty? I thought i would since he was such a big part of the first three seasons, but I don't feel that the show is lacking since he isn't on much anymore.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I thought I would, but nope*. The amazing thing is that this show right now doesn't have a main character, or perhaps even a main set of characters... and yet remains as compelling as ever. My TV experience is pretty limited, but I doubt a series has ever juggled (let alone succesfully) so many characters as this one does over the course of this season.

* Not until he makes the odd appearance anyway, at which point I do wish to see more of him.

--
H

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My sentiments, as well. The kids in this season have helped to continue to make this one of the best dramas on TV.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Re: McNulty. Having just watched episode 8 ("Corner Boys") via on-demand, it struck me that McNulty's "mantle" (if you can call it that) may have fallen on Bunk. I don't want to spoil anything, but Bunk plays a big role in this next episode, and there are scenes where he reminded me very much of the McNulty of old.

M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Fellows, please clarify something for me: A couple of eps ago, during the scene where he ditched Royce, Delegate Watkins showed him what looked like a Royce campaign flyer, and seemed pretty pissed at something on it. What was that?

EDIT: Nevermind, the official site has the episode recap. Here is the relevant passage, from the episode "Alliances":

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks