What's new

The Wire, Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
This was the post I was talking about:

Not to jump ahead to next week, but in the preview it did look like the IBS lobbyist was speaking with the same State Senator that had the driver running money out of the terraces last season. This might be a connection that I predicted last week b/w Barksdale and the Longshoremen.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
loving the new season so far, the gang is getting back assembled it appears, and Omar is back on scene, gotta love it! :)

I need season 1 on DVD so my wife can catch up :)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
"What they really need is a Union" -- Russell

Thoughts from Last night..(and I really need to rewatch it since I got back into town at midnight)

-- "Spread the word baby... Omar back in town" - Best line of the night. Having that loose cannon back in West Baltimore when the Barksdale family is down can only stur up the hornets nest as best he can.

-- Valcheck again used his political muscle inside the force extremly well, and it seems that we will have our guys reassembled next week.

-- Can the star of the show be an odd man out all season or will they bring McNulty back to the investigation next week? Speaking of which, Carver , Herc, Greggs have hardly been seen at all this season.

-- Nick and Ziggy starting to rip off the docks is not going to be a good thing I gather.

Overall a good episode, and it looks like next week is where it will take off full force as it did last season.

Heads up for next week, the new start time is 9:30 EST / 10:30 CST

-- Matt

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
This Season 2 is coming together real nice!

Valcheck is animal when he wants to be and he really knows how to play the game. Boy was he livid when he saw the scrubs at work and realized that his son-in-law was right. Burrell had nothing to say, plus Burrell can't pull rank like he did so many times with Daniels. I loved it!

I think Carver can get hooked up with the old gang when Presbaloski tells Valcheck who was part of the group, and Valcheck realizes carver works for him. Or something along those lines. Herc and Greggs might have to get with Bunk and Freeman b/c aren't they more on that side of the force?

I think McNutty might freelance this case.

Man, I love this show.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
What the hell happened to my last post?
With Daniels on the case he will probably request most of the old team, including McNulty, who will still try to nose in on the Bunk, Freemon, Russel girl in the cannister case.
Rawls is no longer McNultys Major so the only way he could keep him on the boat is negative word of mouth, which is now useless with Burell trying to do anything to get Valchek off his ass.
Griggs and Herc could end up back on the team (Kima is a property forfiture officer) but I wouldnt expect Carver unless Burell really pushed him through.
Avon both took care of the CO and pushed D'angelo closer to the fam with hot packages. Now word could get out that D convienently refused on the fateful night and only Avon and WeBay can get him out of trouble.

BTW according to HBO.com its spelled Pryzbylewski

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Anyone care to predict where the stolen surveillance van will end up? I wonder if this will be a running joke throughout the season.

M.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I have a feeling that the investigation will either start to wind down or maybe come close to making a big case when Svobadka will get another pic. I could see him flying off the handle and fucking the case up. Kinda like the 'dope on the table' move from S1

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Anyone care to predict where the stolen surveillance van will end up? I wonder if this will be a running joke throughout the season.
I think it will be a running gag, didn't they already steal alot of the equipment from it already?

It seems to me that Valcheck is more committed thus far than Burrell was last season. The whole point of the investigation of Barksdale by Burrell from the get-go was to make a public arrest and show the public that they were fighting drugs.

This however is far more personal. Valcheck and Sobtaka hate each other, have for decades, and really pissed him off about the stained glass window. And the continual poking with the van only makes it worse.

-- Matt

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Episode 17: Hard Cases

"If I hear the music, I'm gonna dance" - Greggs

So the gang is all in place, sans McNulty, who is either going to "retire or drown" according to Rawls. Which you had to love the exchange b/w those two off the elevator. But Daniels putting together a major investigative unit was a nice touch.

Avon shows his mastermind again. Not only gets the CO off his nephews case, he also shortned his term in the process. And I guess you could call that "hard-time". Guy is playing X-Box in his cell and eating KFC.

Nice to see Bubbles again. I dont think him nor his friend look too inconspicious leaving the mall stuffed to the gills with loot.

Perhaps the coolest shot of the shot was the cuts b/w dinner at Kima's place and Daniels place. Both of their "wives" are really pissed off with them.

What are all the chemicals for?

The dock workers are starting to become good fleshed out characters. Except for maybe Ziggy who is just too over the top and stupid. Sobatka, Nick, and his Father all had really nice moments.

Stinger, studying hard for his associates degree. Priceless.

- Matt

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Another great episode. The taskforce is bringing the old gang back together. Maybe McNulty will be working solo this season. His "floater" is already an in to the docks murder case.

It was good to see Bubbs and his hairbrained pal back in form.

Ziggy is an idiot. I think the character is not necessarily unrealistic. I'v met people like that before: idiots who are enabled by their family to act like idiots. I think they summed it up pretty well in the first episode when Sabotka reamed him out in front of a trucker. The trucker thought Zig was fired until a dock worker said something to the effect of, "He's not fired. He's the boss's son." He's definitely the weak link of that bunch and I'm betting he gets exposed to the detriment of the docks crew.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I was wondering about the chemicals as well. The acetone might be used in drug making I guess but the potassium permanganate is used in water treatment IIRC.

It certainly looks like Ziggy is in some trouble in next weeks episode. What a dumb ass, at least tell people the coat cost $500 instead of 2 grand.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I can see the chemicals being used to mix explosives, making this a HUGE case.

Once Rawls sees that his 13 Jane Does become part of the investagative force maybe McNulty will be resurected.

Nice move by Daniels, if he brings in some arrests, he gets a permanant 'big case' unit.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Another great episode! The dinner scene was very funny, I liked Daniels' smirk soon after his wife left the table. He was like "Yep, that's what I thought would happen."

Looks like Lt. Daniels just got the Brass ring. He's back in running big cases, he will be the next Major, and he will be able to have his own Special Unit. Not bad, and quite well deserved. Daniels is one of my favorites.

I don't know why D'Angelo is so adamant about not associating with Avon, I know he is still pissed and wants out of that life but Avon was talking about getting years taken off their sentence. Avon, owes D'Angelo that much. Avon's plan was freaking brilliant! I finally realized why D'Angelo looked so different this season; it's b/c he has hair now.

I got the feeling that Stringer was not interested in the news story b/c he wants to take over the crew not b/c he was studying for a test. I hope I'm wrong b/c I would not like those turn of events. They are struggling though, bad dope and more expensive? Not a good combo.

I really liked the conversation with Nick and Frank by the waterline, Frank made a very good point and put it in perspective.

I really don't know what the chemicals are used for, I know Accetone is used for cleaning Speed, but that is done by the users before smoking it.

Ziggy is such an idiot it kind of makes me sick, there are people like him though. I hope he gets killed soon.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I just have to say Chris Bauer (Frank Sobodka) is amazing! That final scene of his in the bathroom was priceless. No lines, but that intense look at himself in the mirror was enough. Bauer's a real friendly guy, to boot.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Episode 18: Undertow

"They used to make steel there, no?" - Spiros Vondas

Lots is going on in Baltimore. but then again there always is.

Very nice touch having Daniels allow Carver to rejoin the team and hopefully righting him before he really did go wrong.

The subtle touches in this show are what I love, such as Bubbles casing the webber grill while waiting for "McNutty" to dock.

Seems they finally made the connection, or at least laid the groundwork to make the connection with having the team co-investigate the 14 Jane Doe's.

And they have their CI too.

Perhaps my favorite part of the episode was Stringer getting business advice on how to run his drug trade in his community college Macroeconomics class. Then conducting a lecture of his own from the funeral home. Was he implying that they change th name of the family so the barksdale clan does not get a bad name with weak drugs?

Then in practically the next seen, Nick and Ziggy figure out that chemicals can be used to make drugs. I still think the greeks and the barksdales will colide.

Nice CSI work by Valcheck lifting the print off of the picture.

Cant wait for next week. Especially when you have seen the preview and:

Omar is wearing his regular get-up (jacket, bagy jeans) and a white tie over the top of it all. So he looks "respectable" in court. Omar on the stand... I can't wait.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
You come at the king you best not miss :D

I love Omar's character, I also thought there would be some insight as to how Bubs knows nautical knots. I mean he wasn't an addict always.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I think that Stringer was think more of changing the name and look of the actual product. I guess there is no way that they can really make people believe that it is not them selling it but if they announce that they have a new supplier with new stuff coming and put it in a vial with a blue top instead of red, that should keep people coming, at least until they realize it is weak. Then the one kid suggested that they differentiate the products they sell in the Towers from those sold in the low-rises so that people might get tired of the weak stuff in the tower and buy from the low rise guys (money going the same place though).

Now if drug addicts had a forum like HTF that stuff would never work... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks