What's new

The Wind and the Lion (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
"I have never seen such fierce retainers!" :laugh:
Looks like I'll only get a few months use out of my recently-acquired used LD copy.

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
01/06/2004

The Wind and The Lion

My Darling Clementine

01/13/2004

Strawberry and Chocolate (Fresa y Chocolate)

01/27/2004

Alice In Wonderland: Masterpiece Edition

Pocahontas: Masterpiece Edition

So far so good for January.

Can't Wait

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"Oh ma daarling oh ma daarling oh ma daarling clementine..."
*cough* where was I? Oh yeah! The Windy Lion on the way at last, woohoo!:emoji_thumbsup:
"Oh ma daarling oh ma daarling oh ma daarling clementine..."

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Not only is it confirmed to arrive on 6 January 2004, but the street prices are starting BELOW $13. Such a deal.

I'd much rather see Sean in Berber clothing than in a red diaper anyway.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey! fluffdaddy don't I know you from someplace? It's a small world after all.;)
Yes its almost here, I can almost hear that majestic Jerry Goldsmith score, oh wait I've got the soundtrack cd playing...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Warner attempted to deliver the screener copy to me on Friday, via UPS (unfortunately). I will call UPS tomorrow to arrange delivery at work on Tuesday. The review will follow shortly thereafter.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Geez Jack you get all the luck. I'll have to go look at my LD copy one more time. Or maybe pull out my copies of Big Wednesday and Red Dawn and have an improptu Milius film festival.....what with Red Dawn being in the news recently.
reddawn.gif

Hey Steveo I haven't seen you in a while. Old testy turned into nothing but "girly" photos so I felt uncomfortable there.
"Why would anyone cut out a man's tongue?"
"Perhaps the previous owner had nothing pleasant to say."

BruceKimmel

Stunt Coordinator
I've got it and taken a brief look - the transfer is terrific, the new 5.1 soundtrack sounds decent, too, if a bit bass lite. Haven't heard any of the commentary yet, and won't until I've watched the film.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
By the way, the USS Milius is NOT named after John Milius, but rather Capt. Paul Milius, a Navy recce pilot lost over Vietnam.
USSMiliusddg69.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Any excuse to post a photo of a warship eh Dennis? um testy has been a babe-free zone of late, so you're welcome to post your warship pics there if you want.;)
I keep forgetting there's a commentary on the disc, great news, so many oldies have been getting nada lately its a fantastic bonus, really looking forward to having this 70's classic on my dvd shelves.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Still waiting for UPS to make its afternoon delivery here. Arranged for it yesterday, even as the driver was making a second attempt at my house. Frustrating, having the disc so near yet so far. Hope to have it in my grubby paws within the next two hours. Why, I might even screen the sucker tonight.

"UPS, you are a great deal of trouble."

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not much, Dennis. And the disc came complete it in a shrinkwrapped snapper case (was expecting an umarked jewel box). Was just too wiped out last night to look at it. But tonight ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks