What's new

The Wind and the Lion (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I thought I should bump this thread with the very good news that Warners will most certainly release this to DVD in 2004. They are having that oddball "poll for AOL users only" to determine the relative release dates of 20 films, among them The Wind And The Lion. However this means at best we get this film early in the year: at worst we get it later in the year. But it is at least coming.
The DVD will be a cleaned-up version in anamorphic video, and possibly a 5.1 audio mix. It's been reported that big bad John Milius has already recorded a commentary track. :D
"Perhaps the previous owner had nothing pleasant to say."
Here's a classic photo of big bad John Milius:
3studs.jpg

I wonder who those other two doofuses are......:p)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[wipes tear] Yesss great news from WB, both The Wind and The Lion are finally coming to DVD and I canna wait! Woohoo! :) :emoji_thumbsup:
[gasps] And with a commentary by the director of the greatest 'Arnie not playing a robot' film ever made... [whispers] Conan the Barbarian [faints].

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Thanks for the great news, Dennis. I really don't want to wait another 18 months for the disc, but in the long run, it's worth it.

I can't wait to see this in its OAR - I've only seen the P&S version on TV and VHS.

"You are a lot of trouble!"

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well it looks like Warners is going to put The Wind And The Lion into its first batch of new titles, to arrive next January.....
"That darned cowboy doesn't know it."
I just knew that this disk would be announced within a month or so of my obtaining the LD....:rolleyes

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Great news on TWATL. Now if they would reissue The Man Who Would Be King properly...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes! An entirely new transfer with an entirely new soundtrack. When I hear the words "adventure film," these two titles spring to my mind first. They don't make 'em like these any longer, sad to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks