What's new

The Wild Geese U.K. Import blu-ray (1 Viewer)

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
This is coming March 13 2012. From Arrow Home Video. The German blu-ray looked pretty good until the final 8 minutes..which looked like VHS. I wonder if I should get this? THIS EDITION CONTAINS: - Reversible sleeve with 3 original poster artworks and newly commissioned artwork cover - Double-sided fold-out artwork poster - Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Ali Catterall, author of British Cult Movies Since the Sixties BLU-RAY CONTAINS: - High Definition Presentation of the film - Audio commentary with Roger Moore, producer Euan Lloyd and second unit director John Glen - World Premiere Newsreel Footage - Original Trailer - More special features to be announced! Region B RRP £24.99

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Severin is releasing WILD GEESE in the US soon too. Scroll down to the 1/12/12 post: http://www.severin-films.com/news/

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
"Severin will be releasing the mercenary soldier epic THE WILD GEESE, starring Richard Burton, Roger Moore and Richard Harris, as a Blu-Ray/DVD combo. The new high definition transfer from the original negative is complete and some very special exclusive new extras are being produced." Yes, I saw that, too. This one should be better if it's from the original negative. I heard that the Arrow release is from the same source as the German, but with English title sequence. I think I'll hold off on the U.K. although I can play region B. Hope to hear a release date soon. How's the quality of Severin? Seems like they release a lot of schlock horror titles.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
mikeyhitchfan said:
I heard that the Arrow release is from the same source as the German, but with English title sequence.
Michael, where did you hear that? If that's the case I definitely need to cancel my preorder.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
It would be great to see this movie again in a good blu ray, as I remember this title was one of the first ever released for home video, I bought it in Betamax at a record shop and paid like 60.00 USD or was it 80 ? for it. I must've been crazy, hey but it was the late 70's..

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
An enjoyable movie, the UK DVD looks so soft, really soft, so will be interesting to read what the new Blu's will look like.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Christian Preischl said:
Michael, where did you hear that? If that's the case I definitely need to cancel my preorder.
From this website: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/wild-geese/7464-wild-geese-official-announcement-2.html "We've had word from Arrow HQ to let you all know Arrow are using the same source as the German BD but, as this release will use a different master and a different encode, there will be subtle differences. The main difference between the two will be the opening title sequence as this will have the restored English opening rather than the German opening title sequence. Arrow are putting a great deal of time and effort into this release and, to use their words, "ours will look stunning"." I heard this is now being delayed until July 2. Hopefully the Severin release will come out before then. If they're using the same source but different master I'm guessing it could look better than the German BD, but if Severin is remastering from the original negative, it should be better. Let's hope the audio is improved, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks