What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up. I've heard a rumor that the back half of the season isn't a linear narrative, but rather each episode tells a complete story with the various fractured pairings in the aftermath of the prison fight. Rick/Carl have one episode, Carol has one episode, Daryl has one episode, etc. Not sure if there's any truth to that rumor or not.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Terrific hour of television tonight. This show is at its best when it's just man versus his environment. Loved seeing Carl's self-deception peel away. Loved a little bit more insight into Michonne's damage. Loved the relief both groups discovered at not being alone.Looks like we're in for a bigger group next week.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I liked the story and atmosphere of the episode, but I thought the kid who played Carl was asked to go way too far beyond the limits of his talent in it.

Also, it was really obvious that Rick was just unconscious there (and wouldn't even a teen in the middle of all this think of checking for a pulse before just walking out?), but I was really hoping they'd entirely turn expectations upside down and have Carl shoot him before realizing his mistake.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Joe_H said:
I liked the story and atmosphere of the episode, but I thought the kid who played Carl was asked to go way too far beyond the limits of his talent in it.

Also, it was really obvious that Rick was just unconscious there (and wouldn't even a teen in the middle of all this think of checking for a pulse before just walking out?), but I was really hoping they'd entirely turn expectations upside down and have Carl shoot him before realizing his mistake.
Agree on Carl. That kid's a terrible actor and shouldn't be asked to do that much. Overall, didn't care for the episode because of that, but I like the direction it's taking.

I didn't think it was that obvious Rick was unconscious but I'm also not convinced Carl actually thought he was dead for sure. I actually thought Carl would end up trying to shoot him, but would be out of bullets - as a throwback to earlier in the episode when Rick scolded him for wasting a bullet and saying they might need it.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Just a guess, but Michonne might have went into the house with the pudding and the zombie (not a combination you type everyday) and retrieved Carl's shoe - hence Rick's line to Carl at the end of the episode.

Enjoyed the episode, but Carl probably shouldn't have been featured so prominently. Riggs might develop into a fine actor but he was being asked to do things that were beyond him, at least for now. Of course, that's generally how you get better. I could have done without the Herschel moment at the beginning as it felt a little gratuitous and isn't really how I want to remember such a great character.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
I could have done without the Herschel moment at the beginning as it felt a little gratuitous and isn't really how I want to remember such a great character.
That moment is from an issue of the comic (though it happened to a different decapitated character) but it was pretty ugly to see it happen to Hershel. Actually, a lot of the stuff with Rick out of commission and Carl on his own was also pulled from the comic book much more than they usually do.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Actually, a lot of the stuff with Rick out of commission and Carl on his own was also pulled from the comic book much more than they usually do.
On Talking Dead, Greg Nicotero indicated that the episode was almost a direct adaptation of episodes (48 & 49?). And that it was much more closely aligned with the graphic novel versus most episodes. They changed Carl's line about who taught him to tie the clove hitch from Dale to Shane as it would have more of an impact on Rick.

- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So props to the people who correctly identified Lizzie as a sociopath. Nice introducing the dead rabbits in the hollow of the fallen tree in Daryl and Beth's storyline, out of their line of sight. And then we hop back in time in the next segment and see Lizzie casually slit their throats while carrying on a conversation with Tyrese and her sister. It looks like we found our frog mutilator. Her affinity for naming the walkers and perceiving no real difference in value between the walkers and the living should have been a further clue as to what she is. The bit with her and (the very much alive!) Judith was one of those bits of television that practically had me chewing my finger nails hoping they wouldn't have a child suffocate a baby on national television.Some fun pair-ups tonight: Tyrese with Carol (the unknown murderer he wants to put into the ground), Glen with Tara (from the group who decapitated his father-in-law), Maggie with Bob Stookey and Sasha.And the introduction of Abraham Ford.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Adam Lenhardt said:
Judith was one of those bits of television that practically had me chewing my finger nails hoping they wouldn't have a child suffocate a baby on national television.
Despite all it's faults, that's one thing I'll give The Walking Dead - you can never count out anything with this show. Just like I thought there was a chance Rick was dead last week, this week I thought there was a chance that baby was a goner. Part of me thinks the writers really wanted to do it but just couldn't pull the trigger. Imagine the publicity the show would get the next few days if they had that happen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought they wussed out when they revealed that Judith had survived but they won me back by having a young girl try to smother her later on. Even by my standards, that's messed up.

It was cool to devote more or less one act to each set of characters.

I was happy to see Abraham, Eugene and Rosita introduced.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
LOVED last night's incredibly graphic episode! It wasn't until almost 40 minutes in that I realized that last week's "cliffhanger" ("It's for you!") wasn't going to be addressed. I think I need to start watching TTD afterwards...

And chance that it's walker/biter Lori at the door?

LOL....

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't even remember, what was last week's cliffhanger? Wasn't it clear it was Michonne at the door? Or did something else happen that I'm forgetting?

Joe S

Second Unit
I've read on some blogs that Carol may be covering for Lizzie and it was Lizzie that killed Karen and David back at the prison. Remember the dead rats that attracted the walkers to the prison fence? Now we see Lizzie kill some rabbits. Hmmm.....

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
I don't even remember, what was last week's cliffhanger? Wasn't it clear it was Michonne at the door? Or did something else happen that I'm forgetting?
Yes, that was it. I'm just surprised there was no followup on Rick/Carl/Michonne this week.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Joe S said:
I've read on some blogs that Carol may be covering for Lizzie and it was Lizzie that killed Karen and David back at the prison. Remember the dead rats that attracted the walkers to the prison fence? Now we see Lizzie kill some rabbits. Hmmm.....
That's what I said earlier, that I thought the little girl was the creepy killer one

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks