What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Patrick Sun said:
I thought it was just okay.
I'm kind of leaning toward that thinking, but my only real problem with it was I don't really care about any of the 4 characters this episode focused on. Other than that it was very well done. Although I don't understand why they didn't just get up and leave in the middle of the night without Lizzie instead of shooting her in the back of the head. I know they had hoped to stay there but they knew that wasn't happening at that point.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Scott Hanson said:
I'm kind of leaning toward that thinking, but my only real problem with it was I don't really care about any of the 4 characters this episode focused on. Other than that it was very well done. Although I don't understand why they didn't just get up and leave in the middle of the night without Lizzie instead of shooting her in the back of the head. I know they had hoped to stay there but they knew that wasn't happening at that point.
This was explained on Talking Dead. She said her character, Carol, did bring this up with what to do and they had an unspoken understanding between them when they shared that look. They could've left her on her own to be Zombie food, but that's what Lizzie wanted and it was a fate worse than death which she did not understand being a psycho.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What truly freaked me out the most was a bit of footage on "The Talking Dead" last night where they were spotlighted briefly the young actress playing Mika, and it was mind-blowing how articulate she was.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Jeffery_H said:
They could've left her on her own to be Zombie food, but that's what Lizzie wanted and it was a fate worse than death which she did not understand being a psycho.
I don't know...I think Lizzie would have enjoyed living among the zombies for a while. Probably would have even had them playing cards and stuff.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
without a doubt Mcbride has really undergone a transformation from playing the victim, to the one who has the fortitude to act, Carol has become one of the best characters on the show and McBride one of the best actors. Listening to the little girls who played Lizzie and Mike on Talking Dead, made me appreciate what good actors they are and how they are really beyond their years in maturity. A Good episode that approaches the tone of the comic, I doubt the full tone of the comic could be done unless it was on Starz or HBO

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So what's next, and episode where Judith won't stop crying when they're on the railroad tracks making their way to Terminus, thus attracting the attention from dozens of walkers. Does Carol snap Judith's neck or blow her brains out?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not talking about comparable situation, just talking about survival in the zombie apocalypse. It came to me when I was at the post office, and a mother with her baby child were in line, and the baby would not stop crying. So if it was Judith doing the crying, and if Carol and Tyrese are out there trying to get to Terminus, do they run until they can't anymore, or deal with the noise coming from the baby? :D

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Patrick Sun said:
I'm not talking about comparable situation, just talking about survival in the zombie apocalypse. It came to me when I was at the post office, and a mother with her baby child were in line, and the baby would not stop crying. So if it was Judith doing the crying, and if Carol and Tyrese are out there trying to get to Terminus, do they run until they can't anymore, or deal with the noise coming from the baby? :D
I think we've seen comparable dilemmas in many a western as the baby cries and the Indians get closer. But, it is not comparable to the Lizzie situation.

What do you do? Watch any western where the question is asked. You try to quiet the baby and/or defend yourselves or run. You don't kill an innocent baby. Not if you're human.

What do you do with a mentally ill individual who has no understanding of life or good/evil or right/wrong in the middle of an apocalypse? Someone who poses a threat to herself as well as any other human in her vicinity at any possible time? That is what Carol and Tyrese faced. They could have split and died, they could have abandoned her to death by zombie, they could have tied her up or caged her...forever? They did what they had to do.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Patrick Sun said:
I have not been watching the right westerns... LOL!
Ha! I just watched Quigley Down Under the other day...I won't give it away, but that situation is in that movie too. That is a surprisingly strong western and well worth a view.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Quentin said:
I think we've seen comparable dilemmas in many a western as the baby cries and the Indians get closer. But, it is not comparable to the Lizzie situation.

What do you do? Watch any western where the question is asked. You try to quiet the baby and/or defend yourselves or run. You don't kill an innocent baby. Not if you're human.

What do you do with a mentally ill individual who has no understanding of life or good/evil or right/wrong in the middle of an apocalypse? Someone who poses a threat to herself as well as any other human in her vicinity at any possible time? That is what Carol and Tyrese faced. They could have split and died, they could have abandoned her to death by zombie, they could have tied her up or caged her...forever? They did what they had to do.
That's EXACTLY correct in your summary of what happened.

The situation Patrick is stating is simply apples to oranges. They have already dealt with this and I have posted on this subject as well many times. People don't just change their basic imprint of who they are. You may do things out of the norm for that imprint in extreme circumstances, but you are STILL that same person regardless. Rick and the group they have are by nature GOOD people forced into bad circumstances. None of them are truly psycho like Lizzy was and they knew there was no way of dealing with her. If it was normal life, Lizzy would've spent most or all of it in a mental institution.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Quentin said:
Ha! I just watched Quigley Down Under the other day...I won't give it away, but that situation is in that movie too. That is a surprisingly strong western and well worth a view.
Seen it myself many times, I'm a big Tom Selleck fan. He's what I call a man's man and not these glorified sissy guys in Hollywood now days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks