What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Paul D G said:
I think Beth is supposed to be young in the show. Wasn't she giving Carl the eye early on?
Now that would be CREEPY!

I think it was more of a big sister sort of way in she was older but only by about 10 years or so. Sort of like a sibling that was born later after the first child. Personally, I thought of her as being about college age on the show, around early 20s. It wasn't too far off from her real age of 28. She is like some others, just looks younger than her years. This would make sense because Maggie I thought was around 30 or so.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I thought I remembered them talking about Beth and her boyfriend as high school kids when Rick and Co. first arrived at Hershel's farm? Although they could have been a few years out of HS.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
All of the episodes since the prison fell have been virtually all character with very little plot, and I've been loving them. We've learned more about these characters in these handful of episodes than we had in all of the time between when Sophia came out of the barn and when the prison fell. There's not a single storyline I'm not interested in.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I've really been enjoying these episodes as well, especially this latest one. Although I did have a few issues with it - like Daryl just opening the door without checking just because he heard the dog bark. Also, did he really need to let those walkers in? The one just had his arm in and it seems he didn't even consider oh I don't know...maybe not letting them in? I guess his growing love for Beth has turned him soft.

Also Sasha and Bob not staying together made no sense to me.

Also on a side note, how are some of these guys (Rick aside) so cleanly shaven all the time?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've really enjoyed these episodes but my only complaint is that with just 3 episodes left, it doesn't seem like there will be much time to see Terminus (which is an invention for the show) or what happens with Abraham and Eugene's mission. I guess that'll be in the next season.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I probably wasn't paying attention, but could the governor show back up as a "Walker/Biter"? He's dead but did he get a shot to the brain I missed?

As for Terminus, they better move fast like Travis stated above. I wonder if they'll just end the season showing it on the horizon, sort of how they introduced the prison then left us with a huge cliff-hanger.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Stan said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but could the governor show back up as a "Walker/Biter"? He's dead but did he get a shot to the brain I missed?

As for Terminus, they better move fast like Travis stated above. I wonder if they'll just end the season showing it on the horizon, sort of how they introduced the prison then left us with a huge cliff-hanger.
You're way behind, the Governor has been sliced (by Michonne) and shot at least several times in the head (Maggie). He's not just dead, he's WAY dead and mush.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
doug zdanivsky said:
THAT was more like it.. Things happening, nice character development and moments without too much sap and angst..
I would agree, that was a much better episode, although I have enjoyed most of them so far even if not quite to that level.

Daryl did seem to have a momentary lapse in judgement which seemed out of character. You could never assume anything in that environment and would have to be on a constant alert. Him thinking it was just the dog again that had returned was more than a little dumb and I knew when he opened the door it was going to be zombies or some evil gang of humans.

Overall though, they have been quite nice and I think they will end with them finding or arriving at Terminus.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Jeffery_H said:
You're way behind, the Governor has been sliced (by Michonne) and shot at least several times in the head (Maggie). He's not just dead, he's WAY dead and mush.
Thanks Jeffery. I've missed a couple episodes, along with a few important facts along the way. Have to keep up with this or you're left behind.

Hopefully a few repeats this summer and I can fill in the gaps.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Even though I knew what was coming it was still hard to watch. Gotta agree Sam that may have been the best episode yet.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What a bleak, horrific hour of television.

The girl who played Mika did a tremendous job, probably the best of a child actor on this show so far. First we had Dale as the moral compass of the show, and then we had Hershel. Since Hershel died in the mid-season finale, there hasn't been any one person who filled that role. In this episode, Mika was that voice in the wilderness. Even at such a young age, she had internalized the moral basis that drives civilization. She was surrounded by a world that challenged that moral basic constantly, and yet she wouldn't yield to it. If she had to, she would run. But if she couldn't run she would die. Because dying for her was preferable to becoming what you needed to become to survive. When she said she felt sorry for whoever killed Karen and David, not knowing she was talking to their killer, it just about broke my heart. She didn't know it Carol, but she had nothing but empathy for her anyway.

And then there was Lizzie, who probably would have ended up a murderer anyhow given her innate tendencies, but who was warped by this world into a specific kind of monster. Killing her sister was a horrific act, but her complete lack of understanding of what she had done made it infinitely more horrific. That she had the shallow emotional understanding of all sociopaths did make it any easier for Carol to do what needed to be done.

And then the scene at the table where Carol had finally had enough of being practical and coldblooded and doing what needed to be done. She tells Tyrese the truth and lets him react however he needs to. She didn't want to die, but she was prepared to. Mika had taught a lesson to her: that surviving isn't enough. Survival alone is meaningless. And then Tyrese, having just been confronted with the necessity of an unspeakable act, and seeing Carol take that burden off his shoulders, finds it in his heart to forgive her. He tells her he forgives but will never forget, and knows just looking at her that she'll never forget either. She has to carry that with her, and he understands what that means, and it's enough for him to finally let it go. A just brilliant scene between two phenomenal actors in Melissa McBride and Chad L. Coleman.

And there they sit, and without the children the silence is too much for them. This idyllic home has become haunted too. The silence is filled with the voices of the dead, and the only way to drown out the voices of the dead is to fill the silence with more people. And so we head into the second to last episode with all of our intact groups headed toward Terminus, while Beth has been kidnapped and Daryl has been drafted into a group of terrible people.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
As most have said, that was simply a fantastic script and great episode of nearly any television show. It did what it had to do and nothing was watered down, which is rare for most shows.

Most everything about the show has been said, but for those that don't know go back and look at the puzzle Carol had on the table at the end. According to the Talking Dead, it was a puzzle of Sophia, Carol's daughter that had died. It represents many things and all the shattered pieces Carol is dealing with, trying to put her life and what happened with her daughter back together. A rather cool Easter egg for the fans!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks