What's new

The Verge: The Best Smartphone Money Can Buy (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Well I have this say about this. My wife and I both bought the Motorola droid x when it came out. I had a blackberry tour and my wife had some other blackberry. Great phones that were very reliable. Then came the droids. Hers never updated the OS and mine did. If my phone successfully recorded video or took a picture and successfully saved it, it was an accident. I lost more video and pics of my baby than I care to remember. I went through 3 of these things. All had the same problem. I liked android because of being able to add storage and text reflow with opera. It took everything I had in me to avoid throwing the piece of shit on the concrete.
Then we bought the iPhone 5 (and the 6 last year) and had ZERO issues. It takes good video and images and actually saves them.
I do hate lack of expansion but everything else is great.
If I never get another android phone again it'll be too soon.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Strang said:
Well I have this say about this.
An anecdotal opinion that says nothing about how satisfied people are with Android phones in general.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
My Androids have served me quite well. I haven't lost any video/pictures/files etc. Heck most stuff (pix/videos)get's saved in the AT&T cloud.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Samsung Galaxy S4. Very happy with it. Excellent phone, no problems. Your mistake was in making a generalization about an entire operating system based on your experiences with two samples of ONE model from ONE manufacturer.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
We loved our 2 Droid x phones, only switched when we fell in love with the Note 2s larger screen. Gonna keep the note 2s around until something better comes out. Had to slip a new battery in one of them (2 minutes $15) after 2 years otherwise they work great too!

P.S This isn't the 70s, plastic composites are very good, not a downgrade at all imo

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
It wasn't meant to be a generalization. And I don't recall saying that my experience is applicable to all androids. Realistically people I've known with Samsungs, htc's and googles were happy.
How does the camera compare to apples?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Strang said:
It wasn't meant to be a generalization. And I don't recall saying that my experience is applicable to all androids. Realistically people I've known with Samsungs, htc's and googles were happy.

Then you shouldn't have said:

If I never get another android phone again it'll be too soon.

:)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I am going to buy an android tablet, Toshiba or Samsung. I have an iPad now but I'd like to be able to connect a jump drive to the unit or add a microsd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks