What's new

The U.K. Transformers: The Movie blu-ray. (1 Viewer)

justinslot

Agent
Real Name
Justin Slotman
Thought this needed a thread.

Definitely the best I've seen this movie. I remain unconvinced that HD brings a huge visual upgrade when applied to contemporary animation (like that Lion's Gate Dr Strange movie, or Appleseed Ex Machina) but for a twenty year old hand drawn movie? Oh yeah. The drawbacks are it's a very barebones disc; they don't even include the option of watching it fullframe (as every transfan knows, Transformers was matted to fit a widescreen release, and the 4:3 version contains more visual information.) And the print they used is not super clean, there's occasional bits of grain and/or dirt, though that probably reflects the theatrical experience for something as culty as this--so it didn't bother me all that much. Plus I only got it for $20 with shipping from Amazon UK! Thank gosh Britain is not in the eurozone.

(Note: I refuse to explain the difference between TF:TM and a Michael Bay film.)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
The BD is a definite upgrade, but it'd have been nice if the compression wasn't so astonishingly shitty on the Special Edition DVD versions (both on Sony's R1 and Metrodome's R2) in the first place.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I recommend XploitedCinema.com and from DVDCompare.net:
  • Bluray ALL United Kingdom - (Metrodome)

• Subtitles:
    No
  • Aspect Ratio:
    1.78:1
  • Picture Format:
    1080i
  • Soundtrack(s):
    English DTS 5.1
    English Dolby Digital 5.1
    English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
  • Case type:
    Amaray (Keep) Case
  • Notes:
    Using MPEG-2 compression. Confirmed to be "R0". At this point it seems that the transfer is not 24fps.
  • Bluray ALL United Kingdom - (Metrodome) - No cuts.
So, YMMV. There's quite a few people who might own it on TheImportForums or AVS.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks