What's new

The Twilight Zone (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
they sure have had a lot of pretty girls on. patricia crowley is especially cute.

an episode in the past had scotty on. but he did not have much of his star trek accent.

i always thought that the accent was real.

but i guess scotty made it up, for the most part.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i looked up some pics of newmar. she is quite busty, but she is not as appealing to me as crowley.

i dont like the real full-figure type as much as the more petite look of crowley.

and i think crowley had a cuter face.

not that newmar isnt good looking, she is.

but crowley makes me think of cuddling, while newmar doesnt have that sort of appeal to me !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
no time like the past - wonderful episode

patricia breslin - dont recall the name, but she reminded me a lot of elinor donahue.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the parallel - entertaining, with some good meaning at the end.

richard kimble's sister was in it - i immediately recognized her.

i have heard of jacqueline scott, but dont recall just what she is famous for, at least now i dont recall.

she had a very cute little figure in this episode. i dont recall her being that cute in the fugitive ?

time travel and parallel universes are a staple of science fiction, and usually make good stories. but they have no basis in reality.

gosh, every single episode has someone in it that is famous for something else. i cant think of any other show that has that aspect to it.

sometimes, there is more than one such person in a single episode.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
jimmyjet said:
they sure have had a lot of pretty girls on. patricia crowley is especially cute. an episode in the past had scotty on. but he did not have much of his star trek accent. i always thought that the accent was real. but i guess scotty made it up, for the most part.
If you're a Pat Crowley fan, you really need to see the first episode of THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. - The Vulcan Affair. She's at her most attractive and charming in that one .

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I kind of like "The New Exhibit," which is only a couple of episodes past where you are.

Martin Balsam was another terrific actor who appeared in many, many famous films and shows, Psycho being his most famous (the guy falling down the stairs).

I'm halfway through season 5 and the series seems to be losing a bit of steam. It was probably the right time to hang it up, but man, what a ride.

Tooncy

Second Unit
There were some really great episodes in season 5. Ring-A-Ding Girl, You Drive, and What's In The Box are some of the best of the series, IMO.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Wow, I can't believe there's someone else out there who likes Ring-A-Ding Girl besides me. S5 has its ups and downs but some good ones are In Praise Of Pip, Nightmare At 20,000 Feet (an episode that I vividly remember really scaring me when I was a kid), Living Doll, You Drive, Night Call, An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge, The Masks and The Encounter.

Maybe the main problem with the fifth season is that there's less homeruns than normal for TZ but I definitely think the majority of what they did was solid and a marked improvement over S4.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the new exhibit - one of my worse ones, so far.

travis, this one "dragged" on for me.

instead of the time digging me in deeper, i just kept saying "boy, when is this gonna be over".

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I think The New Exhibit is one of those episodes that isn't really a fan favorite but it's one of my favorites from the fourth season because it's a straight up horror story. That being said, I bet it might have been very effective if it had been in the regular half hour format (like many of the hour long episodes).

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i think it is mainly the reason why i didnt like it much (horror shows or movies have very little appeal to me).

although i think as a kid i liked them.

if i recall, there was a show called chiller and another one called thriller - both were horror types of shows.

i think one was competing with the other. sorta like the adams family and the munsters.

i would not want to say it was not effective.

it was just reaching out to the wrong audience, in my case.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
cliffordville - good show, good meaning

all the shows about dealing with the devil end in the same way - they get wishes but forget about some of the consequences and it bites back at them.

this is the second time in tz where the special effects showed up.

but in eye of beholder, it really messes up the intent of the show.

here, it is just a bit humorous.

the mask over his hair, making him look partially bald, was extremely easily seen at the blu-ray definition.

i do hope there is a release of the beholder episode that keeps the faces hidden, as they originally were.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
horace ford - excellent

travis, the 4th season has been far and away my favorite so far, in terms of percentage of good shows for me.

i havent started the 5th season yet, but the intro with the door and the eye - is the one i have recalled most vividly.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Ring-A-Ding Girl is just... eh, until you reach the ending... when it turns to utter crap. Earl Hamner only seems to have nailed the ending twice in his episodes, Jess-Bell and You Drive (sorry, Stopover in a Quiet Town is just kinda embarrassing when you finally grow up). The others well... are either really stupid or borderline non-existent.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
thursday - another excellent episode

james whitmore and lloyd bridges sorta remind me of one another

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
jimmyjet said:
travis, the 4th season has been far and away my favorite so far, in terms of percentage of good shows for me.
There's definitely people who love that season. The S4 episodes weren't really seen in syndication so the first that I saw them was on the best-of DVD volumes from almost 15 years ago and while it was neat to finally see the shows, most of them didn't do a lot for me. That being said, they aren't terrible and since I've seen those episodes much less than any of the others, it's interesting to see something less familiar from the Twilight Zone.

Lord Dalek said:
(sorry, Stopover in a Quiet Town is just kinda embarrassing when you finally grow up).
Your critiques of Earl Hamner are pretty much right but despite its flaws, there's something that I like about Stopover too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks