What's new

The Twilight Zone (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
agnes

quite enjoyable

females think alike - even if they are computers !!

wally cox was perfectly cast for a nerdy computer guy.

sue randall was ridiculously skinny in this show.

does anyone know if she had an eating problem ?

when she appeared on beaver, she was slender, but not overly so.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Does SyFy still do a TZ marathon on the 4th of July?

I'm hoping we see a nice price break on the blu ray set of the series very soon. It was down to $110 on Amazon, but I'd like to wait until they do a $50 or $60 deal on the series. It has happened in the past so its just a matter of knowing about it when it comes up again. Any tips for notifications on price drops? I am on slickdeals.net.

Edit....

Yes they are!!!

http://www.syfy.com/schedule/index.php?date=2014-7-4

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
jimmyjet said:
spur of the moment

very good

nice meaning
The problem I had with this episode is that they revealed their big secret too early in the episode.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I mean on the matter of who she was supposed to marry, I would have preferred that for the payoff at the end. We learned that information much earlier.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
gosh, i was sorta surprised !!

i was expecting just the reverse.

i thought that the older self was trying to warn her not to marry the man she was currently engaged to, and go for the one that she really loved.

that seemed more obvious to me, since that man had sorta been arranged for her by her father. and she seemed to be going right along with it.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i think that was part of the charm of the whole show.

they could have made basically the same sort of statement, irregardless of the man she would marry.

the one was arranged, had some money, etc. those sorts go bad a lot, because it is not based on love.

the other was the one that she loved. but as a young person, we often dont make good judgments about people, cuz we havent lived long enough yet.

as it turned out, the latter prevailed.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge wasn't part of the syndication package, I had seen the Alfred Hitchcock Presents take on the story first so by the time I saw the TZ/French version on DVD, some of the punch was taken away from it since I knew the ending. I still like the episode but I probably like it less than most fans.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Osato said:
I'm hoping we see a nice price break on the blu ray set of the series very soon. It was down to $110 on Amazon, but I'd like to wait until they do a $50 or $60 deal on the series.
I doubt it'll get down to that low of a price but the Blu-ray series set is tomorrow's Amazon's Gold Box Deal Of The Day tomorrow (June 25).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cool beans. It might be in the $70 range...

I picked one up at that great sale several months ago. Now I just have to start watching it!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Cool beans. It might be in the $70 range...

I picked one up at that great sale several months ago. Now I just have to start watching it!
When I get a big series set, I try to 'force' myself to watch one episode a day. That way, I don't burn out on the show and I don't leave it sitting on the shelf forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks