What's new

The Twilight Zone-Update? (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why there isn't an announcement, if it is indeed coming out in December? That's just three months away...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Image usually announces stuff about 2 months in advance. If you go to their website (Link Removed) you can see they only have their November releases listed, and nothing for Dec.

Gord

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Paul Brownstein rules!!! Hell yes! My favorite show is going to look beautiful? I couldn't be more excited for these five sets.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I hope both versions of the pilot and "Eye of the Beholder"/"A Private World of Darkness" are included, since they were on the older release.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I agree... in fact, I hope ALL the extras are included in the new sets, since I just sold my entire 45-disc collection! If not, I suppose I can simply rebuy a few of the earlier discs.... the Mike Wallace interview is priceless, not to mention Serling's sponsor pitch film. Hey Stephen (or Paul), d'ya think these items will be included in the new sets?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info, Steven!

The original negatives most likely include the original bumpers, next-episode promos and sponsor end credits. I hope they leave these in!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Agreed on the Mike Wallace Interview. Priceless vintage television. The pitch film should almost be a sure bet for the season 1 set. It's a pretty grand extra.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I was talking to a friend the other day, and he was lamenting the eight months he has to wait for the next Star Wars movie. Here we are, only three months from the season 1 Twilight Zone set, and it feels like forever.

Don't forget... this Saturday (October 2) marks the 45th anniversary of the show's debut! I'll be watching "Where Is Everybody?", then heading to Eugene for an Oregon Ducks game. :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Great news indeed. I've been waiting for this.

In reading the above post containing Mr. Pickard's comments, I can't help but wonder when the Hi-Def material will be used for the actual Hi-Def DVD's? In one year, 2 years? Can't be too long off?

Nelson

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Craig Beam:
Or are you bound by a silence order until the season one set is officially announced?

Hi Craig, I am indeed bound by a silence order!

Craig:
Hey Stephen (or Paul), d'ya think these items will be included in the new sets?

Supplements are Paul's department which I can't comment on.
Sorry.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
The next two-and-a-half months are gonna take forever. Oh my god, I'm giggling like a schoolgirl over here! Twenty-plus years of Twilight Zone obsession, coupled with six-plus years of DVD collecting, have led me here, to this wonderous point in time.

And now the inevitable question... WHICH episodes will feature isolated scores??????

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Confirmation of details confirms I'll be hearing a cash register "ka-ching" on 28 December or thereabouts.

Between new transfers and the goodies like Serling's audio lectures, isolated scores, et al - this'll be as much fun as my work with the Serling Archives from '79 to '81. Only thing missing, I guess, will be the commercials (Oasis Cigarettes... Kimberly-Clarke... Chesterfields and "twenty-one great tobaccos / make twenty wonderful smokes" {yeah, right}). Miles easier than threading a delicate 16mm print up to run, too. ;)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This sounds awesome! I waited on the box sets, hoping they would create new transfers for this wonderful show. The extras sound great. Definitely a must buy!

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Not for me. I spent a considerable amount six months ago to buy all five boxed sets and I will not double dip no matter how many extras there are until at the very least, all five seasons are out. One reason why I wanted to get all five boxed sets earlier this year was the desire to be able to watch any episode from the run in an unct form *right now* and the release schedule indicates that having all five seasons in this new format would require waiting a whole year at minimum. If that means spending $500 in early 2006 to get all five at once, I'd rather do that then get rid of what I have right now that lets me see all episodes whenever I like.

William0

Agent
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
That's how I feel about the announcement of the newly updated DVD releases of the both versions of the Twilight Zone with NO SUBTITLES AVAILABLE!

Back in the spring and several times afterward, I sent them email to request the subtitles/closed captions for their upcoming DVD releases. They did not respond promptly however they did mentioned that they sent my messages to the production dept and they will consider the option for the future releases. Apparently my email has gone to the trash or fell on their deaf ears.

Image Entertainment has failed to entertain the WHOLE audience and they should NOT have the right to OWN the rights of Twilight Zone Enterprise because they are in the same caliber of I Love Lucy, Star Trek and the likes. Small companies like Image should not own the classic tv shows at all. I find that a big ironic that the most recent version of TZ (New Line) and Night Gallery (Universial) have subtitles, so now what does this tell you? I bet Rod Serling is boiling mad right now because TZ was his baby and he wanted to make sure that it's in good hands. I feel like I am in the episode - "Where is Everybody?" - Can anyone out there to find a solution to this ignorance?

It's not my fault that I have hearing loss, I was born with it. I always watch TV or movies with closed captions or subtitles. Hope that you understand my point of view on this issue.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe I will be double dipping on this. As much as I would love to see the extras, its just not worht the expense. Kudos to you folks that believed they would finally release season sets.

However, I am very anxious for the release of season one on the 80's version of TZ. I felt that many of those stories were classics in their own right.

The less said about the UPN version the better!

Ric

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
William0,

I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised. I can't think of a single Image release that comes with subtitles or captioning. I would assume that they don't see the financial benefit to include subtitles/captions on their releases. A&E is a company with a similar viewpoint on them, and I'm sure there are others.

Gord

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I side with William0 on this issue. While I always prefer subtitles/captioning I can understand if a small label can't afford to put them on most of their releases.

However this release, the third go around for this series, is clearly a "special" event and has already gotten much publicity. Sales will be very high (by Image standards) for this release.

On an otherwise exemplary set, it would have been nice if Image had gone the exta mile to add subtitles.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks