What's new

The Truman Show: Special Collector's Edition - 8/23 (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Cool. I was wondering how long it would take Paramount to release a special edition. Wasn't this one of their first dvd release as well?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I hope this version will be anamorphic widescreen this time around.

If it is, I think it's time for me to sell my previous version.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Awesome news!!! I can sell my old copy now. :D

Hey, what was the deal with the original Truman Release? It was a weird semi-widescreen format...what was up with that?

Greg Black

Second Unit
Great, great, news!! The Truman Show is one of my absolute favorite movies. So glad to hear that it's finally getting a new transfer, and anamorphic to boot. Supplementary material is also very welcome!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I believe the film was shot in 1.66:1, which isn't quite 1.85, to give it that "TV" sort of look without actually going all the way to 4:3.

I'll be in for a double dip on this one...gladly!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see interviews with Jim Carrey and Laura linney on this, but I don't hink they are there. Will have to house this version in the old container as the new cover is prety ugly.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Im glad I held off all these years in picking this title up. I will gladly get this new version once it comes out.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I will definitely be picking this up. I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the current disc, but will gladly upgrade - especially for the anamorphic video. Great to see this film getting better treatment. :emoji_thumbsup:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

First of all the features won't match the old back cover, and secondly, this is the original theatrical poster. And a much better one.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I love the poster, but I personally think red on black looks rather ugly. So thumbs down to that border. :thumbsdown:

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Thumbs down to the artwork - thumbs up to an anamorphic transfer! On the strength of the transfer, I'll be doing the D-D, and toss the cover - features, smeatures.

And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night...

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
WITNESS: SE

Features:

Between Two Worlds: The Making Of Witness
Deleted Scene
Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots

THE TRUMAN SHOW:SE

Features:

How's It Going To End? The Making Of The Truman Show
Faux Finishing - The Visual Effects of The Truman Show
8 Deleted/Extended Scenes
Photo Gallery
Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots

Video:

Widescreen 1.85:1 Color (Anamorphic)

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm

Interesting, this is how the R2 was transfered (no SE, but anamorphic, nonetheless), actually a bit overmatted, since the OAR would be 1,66:1, no? I believe it was the director's intent, to make more TV-like. Was it ever projected at 1,66:1?
What is the actual OAR in this case? Was is projected at 1,85:1, and the original DVD slightly opened up, or was it projected correctly (assuming this was the director's intent) and slightly overmatted in this new DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks