1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tripods

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Billy Fogerty, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this is on DVD here in the states? This was a great show that I watched on PBS years ago. I downloaded a few divx episodes from season 2. Very bad video. Would love to have the whole series on dvd. I'm sure it is available in England

2. Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, it is not available in Region 1. Personally, I'd like to also get a copy - I've never seen "season 2" - but am too lazy and cheap to get a multi-regional player.

3. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Well-Known Member

Season 1 is out in R2, I have it. Season 2 was listed in Amazon but is not available. Not sure if it was pulled or what. I've see a few copies for sale from time to time for a high price.

4. Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington Well-Known Member

This is a TV show and belongs in that forum, [​IMG], but to answer your question, the second season has not yet reached DVD according to wikipedia. As you probably know, there was no third season so the story was not resolved (third novel left unadapted).

5. Richard_Gregory

Richard_Gregory Well-Known Member

The cynical would say that the second book wasn't either, as the TV show was so different as to be virtually unrecognisable!

6. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Well-Known Member

Season one can be found going cheap on www.sendit.com
    It's a region 0 release, but make sure your system can handle PAL. Season two is apparently held up due to rights - some film company now has an option on the books ( not sure which company or what the current status of the project is ).

7. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Well-Known Member

The film company in question is Disney/Touchstone. The more recent reports state that they have hired Gregor Jordan to make the movie for release in 2007, but there is no sign of any filming starting soon. The Season 1 DVD set was released in violation of that option with Disney, but no one at Second Sight or the BBC was aware of that situation until about a month before the Season 2 DVD set was supposed to hit shelves.

http://www.gnelson.demon.co.uk/tripage/film.html
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441811/