What's new

The To Do List Quick Review (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Art House raunch comedy. Those things normally don't go together. But "The To Do List" surprised me in delivering the goods in a sometimes sacharin film that contains better performances then I expected. The film has a lot of dead time - a LOT of dead time - and a few cringeworthy moments, but there are some bits in this that rank amongst the dirtiest, funniest bits I've seen. (when you get to the Pool Shower scene check off list, the ending to that is great).
It also may be the only film to ever so prominently feature the soundtrack of 2 Live Crew...

B

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw this a few weeks ago and had fun with it. Funny premise and opening any movie with a 2 Live Crew song wins me over. Aubrey Plaza, Clark Gregg, Connie Britton and Rachel Bilson all had some really funny stuff as the family.

mattCR said:
...but there are some bits in this that rank amongst the dirtiest, funniest bits I've seen. (when you get to the Pool Shower scene check off list, the ending to that is great).
Yeah, it's not often that
(spoilerized for a spoiler and for being pretty dirty)
semen makes an onscreen appearance and I can't think of a non-adult movie that shows jizz getting spit out.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
TravisR in response to your spoiler:

Yeah, that scene absolutely killed me, and the entire sequence following with Bill Hader "what would you have done if I hadn't walked in just then.." was some great stuff. That was one of the better setup/comedy moments I've seen all summer, and I admit, I laughed pretty hard at the punch line to that joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks