What's new

The Titan Theater (1 Viewer)

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Well It's been quite awhile since I've posted here. After about a year and a half break after just getting started on my theater I'm finally getting back to it. I'm posting some pics of the various stages of the construction so far. I'm very happy with the color choices. Of course it looks much better in person than the photos.

Here are some of the specs.
Room is 12w x20l x7.5h
Panasonic PT-AX200U Projector
100" Elite manual screen
Yamaha HTR-5790 Receiver
7-Monoprice Kevlar series 8" 2-way In-walls
2- subs (not purchased yet, looking at HSU)
Toshiba D-R400 DVD Recorder
Blu-Ray (soon to purchase)
Sony RM-AX400 Universal touch screen remote
Hidden IR repeater system
Seating for 5

JamDawg

Grip
Real Name
JamesD
Have you played the speakers yet? I was curious how the monoprice speakers sounded? Looks good, I hope it does not take a year to finnish the rest.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I've played them quite a few times (usually listen to them while I work). They sound very good for the money. They're no audiophile speakers but they would probably beat any HTIB speaker without a problem. I wanted something that would dissapear when the lights when down and at 46$ a pair they fit the bill nicely. When I'm ready to upgrade I won't feel so bad cause I only put out 200$ for the 4 pair of them. Monoprice has 6 1/2's with poly cones that look like they have much nicer crossovers on them. They were only a couple dollars more a pair then the 8".

The room should hopefully be done before the Superbowl (Looking forward to that on the big screen). The painting is almost finished and we're going to pick out carpet this week or the next.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks