What's new

The Time Machine (1960) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
RJ992 said:
Floyd. Bastard took my cherished vinyl records too.
I lost a home from that darn Floyd.
Other then that The near mint copy of Amazing Spider-man 14 and hundreds of valuable action figures.

:^(

Anyway I still have my order of Nutty Prof in the system thank goodness.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Persianimmortal said:
Thanks, and yes it looks like Amazon finally fixed the glitch that affected all upcoming Warner titles.
It wasn't a glitch, but a big business standoff between two large corporations.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Richard V said:
Maybe so, but I'm pretty sure Connery takes offense at being called British. Same thing goes for Welshmen.
It's probably 50-50 or 60-40 or 70-30 the split on what people prefer to be called in Scotland, personally i do tend to call myself Scottish first but, i have no problem with being called British, a pet hate of mine is when another country labels Scotland as a district of England, certainly in a war we are united with the rest of the United Kingdom and we all put our differences to one side and come together, in sport it's an entirely different matter and we are very patriotic about our own side winning.

I think Rod Taylor was superb in The Time Machine, i also liked Dark Of The Sun which had plenty of good action in it, i wonder if Warner would ever consider releasing that one onto blu ray, i'd buy it if done right, as for the 2002 Time Machine remake, it had good special effects but lacked the charm of the original, i did actually like some of it but on the whole i didn't like the interpretation of the Morlocks.

Have i already written in this thread. ? I can't remember, if i have it's probably the exact same thoughts. :lol:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
That's all well and good, but it just made me stop and think:

The Beaver has their review up on June 21st for a July 8th release .... so can I also read an HTF review at this time?

This isn't asked to criticize anyone here. Far from it! I actively want to read the impressions of people I've grown to know (a bit) over the past several years, and whose eyes and ears and brains I've learned to trust.

Do all sites receive review copies at the same time?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Just realized that this release is only a few days away! W00T! Still only that one review as far as I know. I also was hoping HTF would get a review.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
classicmovieguy said:
Regarding the part where the reviewer talks about blu ray's expanded colour space, slight differences are usually down to Rec 601 vs Rec 709 and in particular due to the luma coefficients, any differences are not because of an expanded colour space, because of luma differences red could look lighter and green could look darker on the dvd when compared to a blu ray.

As far as i am aware the only blu ray's using an expanded colour space are the Sony mastered in 4K ones which have the xvYCC option and even then, thanks to coding, it can only be seen on selected Sony televisions/projectors.

The colours on the dvd and blu ray of The Time Machine are different, this can be down to the explanation above and also using a different master, using the digital tools, contrast changes and a few more things but it is not because of an expanded colour space.

I keep changing this post, bottom line is that 99.9% of blu ray releases do not have any expanded colour space.

P.S. I am spelling colour right, we spell it with a u in the UK, i know it's color in the USA. :D

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
At the risk of opening up a recent point of argument on these forums, the many screen caps from both reviews tell much of the story. It appears the transfer isn't as detailed as it should be, and not a huge step above the DVD, but it still looks quite pleasing to the eye, so I doubt I'll be disappointed with it.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
The screen caps are the screen caps - I'll have the movie tomorrow and will report back then. Again, no one has any idea if those caps are from sequences that are opticals or what. Again, you can do a cap of any scene from any movie that wouldn't look so hot - that is the nature of the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks