What's new

The Time Machine (1960) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Looks familiar. ;)
04154.jpg

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Warms my heart to see that cover again! Agree it should have been used for the BD release. I wish more companies do what SHout Factory does...offer both new and original cover art. Lost my LD copy in a hurricane so I'm eagerly anticipating the new disc.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
RJ992 said:
Warms my heart to see that cover again! Agree it should have been used for the BD release. I wish more companies do what SHout Factory does...offer both new and original cover art. Lost my LD copy in a hurricane so I'm eagerly anticipating the new disc.
Which Hurricane?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Tommy R said:
Was REALLY hoping for some new bonus material. Rod Taylor and Alan Young are still around but they're both getting up there. Oh well, still glad to be getting it on blu.
Both Taylor and Young are prominently featured in The Journey Back and discuss the film. Are you assuming they have something new to say about the film they didn't say before? BTW, the now retired Yvette Mimieux is also still with us but she's notoriously reticent about discussing her film career these days. Getting her for the blu would have been a feather in someone's cap.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Thomas T said:
Both Taylor and Young are prominently featured in The Journey Back and discuss the film. Are you assuming they have something new to say about the film they didn't say before? BTW, the now retired Yvette Mimieux is also still with us but she's notoriously reticent about discussing her film career these days. Getting her for the blu would have been a feather in someone's cap.
Well Rod Taylor was the host of it, and didn't really talk too much in-depth. Just a bunch of general talk about how the film and George Pal were great. Alan Young only appeared in the nice little mini-sequel towards the end. The doc as a whole really just follows the construction and the fate of the time machine prop itself. It's a GREAT doc, but I feel that there is MUCH more that could be said about the rest of the film. Not just from Taylor and Young, but any surviving crew person or even Eloi/Morlock extras. I know David Pal, George Pal's son, had a hand in the film and could give some in-depth talk. Perhaps I'm just spoiled on releases like the Lord of the Rings films where the special features are almost as long as the films themselves. ;) This is a movie where I could watch hours upon hours of supplemental material and not get bored.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
If any proof was needed as to the lack of catalogue releases from Warner, this thread is it. It's like it's been going of forever, & the Blu-ray is not released 'till July!Warner; announce it, release it & on to the next one.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Billy Batson said:
If any proof was needed as to the lack of catalogue releases from Warner, this thread is it. It's like it's been going of forever, & the Blu-ray is not released 'till July!Warner; announce it, release it & on to the next one.
Ain't that the truth! I still wish they'd license titles to Germany, France, Australia and Japan and get this thing on the move!

HotRodHank

BANNED
Brad here (Kyrsten Brad) Something screwy this way comes. I went to move my pre -order of The Time Machine from Save for Later to Purchase (in Amazon) and can't do it. It now shows the title as Unavailable. What gives?

bluelaughaminute

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
It looks like the release date is going to change and Amazon don't know what to. But you should be able to delete it from the saved section and pre-order it regardless

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
bluelaughaminute said:
It looks like the release date is going to change and Amazon don't know what to. But you should be able to delete it from the saved section and pre-order it regardless
I hope you're right. But now, Amazon doesn't even list the Blu (though they do list a DVD with the same cover art as the Blu). Hhmmmm.
Lets keep a eye on this.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, my pre-order is still active (still with the July 8 delivery).However, clicking on the title brings up a Notify When Available listing.I don't plan to do anything now (its still almost two months from now - so why panic).

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Heck, I'd be fine with a delay if it means they're gonna put in some effort to make new special features. I was thinking it strange that there was never a "Press Release" thread. Did Warner even really come out with an official announcement?

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
I don't think this problem is unique to The Time Machine. It looks like an Amazon glitch. I have a couple of other upcoming titles in my Amazon cart and they're all now showing as "currently unavailable":

oHFMdus.jpg

When clicking on each one, I get the listing with a "sign up to be notified when this item becomes available", instead of the normal pre-order button.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Yeah I noticed a bunch of upcoming Warner's pre-orders are showing this. Probably an Amazon glitch of some sort, I think I've seen similar things happen before, hopefully it will clear up in a few days. Maybe the product numbers or something changed and Amazon hasn't updated correctly, at least it's a theory........

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
HotRodHank said:
Brad here (Kyrsten Brad) Something screwy this way comes. I went to move my pre -order of The Time Machine from Save for Later to Purchase (in Amazon) and can't do it. It now shows the title as Unavailable. What gives?
Same thing has occurred with 300: RISE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks