What's new

The Time Machine (1960) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Amazon updated their order page and have a front AND back cover for this and it appears that the only special feature is the "Journey Back" doc that's on the DVD. Was REALLY hoping for some new bonus material. Rod Taylor and Alan Young are still around but they're both getting up there. Oh well, still glad to be getting it on blu.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I wouldn't mind if they took some of the SFX shots and reduced them from thick black marker shots to better blend in...but that's just me!

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Or the DVD cover, which was awesome:

5153DEEKWQL.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
John Hermes said:
I have always thought that too.
But technically he wasn't a Brit (Australian, rather). That seems to matter in the Bond series.

Steven_M Grimes

Stunt Coordinator
Dick said:
But technically he wasn't a Brit (Australian, rather). That seems to matter in the Bond series.
Not really. Connery is Scottish, Brosnan is Irish, and Lazenby is Australian. Only Craig and Moore have been Brits.

I agree that Taylor would have made a fine Bond.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Steven_M Grimes said:
Not really. Connery is Scottish, Brosnan is Irish, and Lazenby is Australian. Only Craig and Moore have been Brits.

I agree that Taylor would have made a fine Bond.

Only Craig and Moore are English. Scotland is part of Britain, as is Wales, so Connery and Dalton indeed qualify as British.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Apparently Rod Taylor was offered to audition to play Bond before Connery got the part and turned down the chance. He later regretted the decision.

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
Dick said:
Lazenby is Australian. Rod Taylor who was offered the Bond part is Australian. So maybe you don't necessarily have to be British.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I always felt Rod Taylor was extremely underrated. He delivered handsomely in a string of fine films, and partnered his leading ladies very well. In particular I must single out "The V.I.P.'s" (most ballyhooed as a prime Taylor/Burton potboiller), but the film rightfully belongs to the subplot involving Taylor and his steadfast secretary, played by Maggie Smith.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Rod Taylor did play a sort of James Bond in the comedy, The Liquidator 1965, where he played an inept assassin, who paid someone else to do the killings. He was just about unrecognizable playing Winston Churchill in Inglourious Basterds.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
He was also quite good in the TV series Hong Kong (a personal favorite) as well as Dark of the Sun.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Worth said:
Only Craig and Moore are English. Scotland is part of Britain, as is Wales, so Connery and Dalton indeed qualify as British.
Maybe so, but I'm pretty sure Connery takes offense at being called British. Same thing goes for Welshmen.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
classicmovieguy said:
I always felt Rod Taylor was extremely underrated. He delivered handsomely in a string of fine films, and partnered his leading ladies very well. In particular I must single out "The V.I.P.'s" (most ballyhooed as a prime Taylor/Burton potboiller), but the film rightfully belongs to the subplot involving Taylor and his steadfast secretary, played by Maggie Smith.
Absolutely. I have enjoyed him in just about everything he did, even HOTEL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks