1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

THE TAMARIND SEED (1974) multi-region DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Richard--W, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

I wonder if anyone owns this Korean edition: http://www.amazon.com/Tamarind-Seed-Regions-Julie-Andrews/dp/B001LQECHY/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t How is the picture quality, and is it in authentic widescreen? Sometimes I have good luck with Korean editions, and sometimes not.

2. Thomas T

Thomas T Well-Known Member

Yes, I have that Korean edition. The picture quality is excellent and it is in its original 2.35 wide screen ratio. BUT it is not anamorphic but 4x3 letterbox.

3. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Thank you, Thomas T. For that you get a free poster: [​IMG]

4. Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K Well-Known Member

I love this movie, but unfortunately all the DVDs that I know about are non-anamorphic. I doubt this film is popular enough to motivate a blu-ray remastering, even in the UK.

5. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Thanks for the poster. I have fond memories of the movie from seeing it on its initial release. I don't think I've seen it since then. Maybe once on television, but I've forgotten.

6. Thomas T

Thomas T Well-Known Member

For some reason, John Barry's marvelous Tamarind Seed score has never been released on vinyl or CD (though I suppose there might be a bootleg out there somewhere). It's probably my Holy Grail of unreleased soundtracks.

7. Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia Well-Known Member

That score was phenomenal! You can download the entire soundtrack (with cover art) from yuforum.net Very underrated. I'm sure we may never see this unless Lionsgate ramps up their MOD program as it is owned by them. I doubt WB owns this as Lorimar part financed it . Another film alot of us enjoyed that had a Radio City Music Hall premiere and did quite well there