What's new

The Sword In The Stone 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray) Available For Preorder (1 Viewer)

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
The widescreen HD version of TSITS on iTunes is the exact same atrocity as released on Blu-ray. The previous HD 1.33:1 unmatted version I used for the screen captures is no longer available. Glad I grabbed it while I could!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
... and look what shows up on my doorstep today from Amazon (I'd preordered it months ago). I either try to send it back and complain... or just complain.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Crap! I just paid to own the iTunes version and got it home and sure enough, it is the completely effed version.

I also contacted Disney via the DisneyStore's "contact us" along with the Disney movie clue's comments section and posted on my FB page. This is really beyond excusable. I feel like flying to John Lassiter's office and holding a big sign out outside his office that reads, "Why did you hate The Sword & The Stone ?"

John-Weller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I have my suspicions Disney just updates their old telecines, since every home video version of Alice in Wonderland, even the blus, has an allmighty interlacing flaw during the final scene.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
John-Weller said:
OT but was Sleeping Beauty de-grained too much, or does that one hold up well?
I just rewatched it over the weekend. I think it's beautiful, but there is no grain if that's what you're looking for.

uVSthem

Agent
Real Name
uVSthem
How's the DVD that's packed along with the bluray? Is the same transfer as the Bluray just down scaled?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
uVSthem,

If it is like all their other releases, it will be the same source image.

I have been contacting Disney through all available means, including on their DisneyStore FB page. So far I got one canned response suggesting I had trouble ordering that told me to have a pixie perfect day!

Un hun.

I did get this at the DisneyStore FB page a few minutes ago:
We are so sorry to hear this, Mark. Please contact (800) 723-4763 for assistance. -Mya

Anyone else wants to call, there's the number.. and it is saying it is BVHE.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
So I talked to Mary at BVHE at the number above and she is taking all of my complaints to her supervisors and they took all of my information.
I told them that this is the worst animation transfer ever from them, and that the Blu-ray transfer is being widely trashed at various forums and now in several reviews at Amazon and they need to recall the title.The quoted comment she is passing on is that the entire film looks like it "was smeared with Crisco."

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mark Walker said:
So I talked to Mary at BVHE at the number above and she is taking all of my complaints to her supervisors and they took all of my information.
I told them that this is the worst animation transfer ever from them, and that the Blu-ray transfer is being widely trashed at various forums and now in several reviews at Amazon and they need to recall the title.The term she is passing on is that the entire film looks like it "was smeared with Crisco."
Can you tell her although this may be the worst one that there are other Disney animated releases that also look bad due to their de-graining process.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Picking my battles, Foxy. This is the one that distresses me the most and is also the most concerning. The worst of the worst.

Does the 1-800 number work outside of the USA? ALL of us should call them.
If calling is not an option, we should also be submitting comments to the site the phone number directed me to:

www.DisneyStudiosHelp.com

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mark Walker said:
Picking my battles, Foxy. This is the one that distresses me the most and is also the most concerning. The worst of the worst.

Does the 1-800 number work outside of the USA? ALL of us should call them.
If calling is not an option, we should also be submitting comments to the site the phone number directed me to:

www.DisneyStudiosHelp.com
Yeah i agree, if we can make them aware of one then maybe they will think twice when preparing the next release, yes the number will work but here in the UK we likely need to put 001 in front of it.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Mark Walker said:
Crap! I just paid to own the iTunes version and got it home and sure enough, it is the completely effed version.

I also contacted Disney via the DisneyStore's "contact us" along with the Disney movie clue's comments section and posted on my FB page. This is really beyond excusable. I feel like flying to John Lassiter's office and holding a big sign out outside his office that reads, "Why did you hate The Sword & The Stone ?"
BVHE suggested I contact iTunes and request a refund, so I have.

iTunes said they will report it as a quality issue and that may result it in getting pulled, but I would imagine it will require more than one person who paid for it to request a refund.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
With all due respect, if I worked at Disney and saw your note I would throw it in the trash. You call the Blu-ray horrible and then immediately follow that with "I was already (sic) to "blind buy" this..." Point being, you haven't actually seen the Blu-ray. How on earth can they take that seriously?
Mark Walker said:
Here is what I sent:
The new Blu-ray of The Sword and The Stone is horrible.
I was already to "blind buy" this Blu-ray, as I have with many Disney animated titles,
but the tools used to degrain this film removed so many details that the DVD now has superior picture quality
and more details and that should NEVER be the case.
The film now looks like a blurry mess. I hope Disney shows that they respect their fans and redoes this release
with a new transfer that represents the film and retains all the details and marks a significant improvement in picture
quality over the DVD, instead of a film with all the grain removed that also took out all the hand drawn details.
I no longer trust Buena Vista Home Video knows how to treat their own back catalog of films, and that greatly saddens and angers me.
If you hate your films, please continue to do them what you did to The Sword and The Stone.
Only someone criminally negligent who has no regard for their own history would release a product like this.
Angrily,
Mark Walker
Die-Hard Disney animation fan

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
haineshisway said:
With all due respect, if I worked at Disney and saw your note I would throw it in the trash. You call the Blu-ray horrible and then immediately follow that with "I was already (sic) to "blind buy" this..." Point being, you haven't actually seen the Blu-ray. How on earth can they take that seriously?
oh here we go again.....screencaps lie, you can't tell anything from screencaps, pure nonsense, you can tell a lot.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wait a minute...

I have to apologize for not keeping on top of what Disney has
recently released.

Are you saying all these complaints are based on screen caps
and not from people who have seen the actual Blu-ray?

Please, if we have learned anything over the past few years it
is not to take screen caps seriously. They have caused more
cases of negative hype that have turned out to be false than
anything else I know.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It may also help if you use proper English and act professionally.

"I was already to "blind buy" this Blu-ray, as I have with many Disney animated titles..." I was ready to "blind buy"...

"redoes this release" reissues this release? Provides a better transfer?
"If you hate your films, please continue to do them what you did to The Sword and The Stone.
Only someone criminally negligent who has no regard for their own history would release a product like this." This is rubbish, pure and simple. This isn't being criminally negligent; there's no crime in the legal sense here.
If I were at Disney, I'd disregard this as well. You get more accomplished by with sugar than with vinegar.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ronald Epstein said:
Wait a minute...

recently released.

anything else I know.
Screencaps from sites that know how to take them tell you a lot about a release, i find them useful, especially when it comes to showing scrubbed grain free titles or edge enhancement on releases, take the Charade debate, people seeing colour differences, my comparison showed the colours were identical and i provided a reason why people may see a different colour.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Ronald Epstein said:
Wait a minute...

recently released.

anything else I know.
I think the shear volume of Screen Caps and real time viewing suggests there is a very real problem.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I think the shear volume of Screen Caps and real time viewing suggests there is a very real problem.
Okay, understood.

I just wanted to make absolutely certain because we have
gotten into some huge messes over screen caps.

I wish everyone luck in their efforts to contact Disney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks