What's new

Directors The Super Big "Cool" Tournament.....Fun Abounds Inside (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Awesome, Brook's in the house. Now we got a tourney!

2 spots left. The next two go in, and then we'll be set.

I'd call that very wise on my part.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Surprised nobody else has mentioned something like this yet considering we are at HTF:

2) Watching a truly great movie at home on a High Definition DLP Projector on a 123" screen with a 7.1 channel setup with 2 subwoofers:

:D

Arman

Screenwriter
Mapquest.com (Directions)

Formula 1
drinking Starbucks coffee while reading books, newspapers & news magazines for free @ B&M Barnes & Noble
World Cup Soccer
80's New Wave Music
Google
metric system
living in Italy
Malone & Payton remain ringless
winning the lottery
writing job resignation letter after landing a better job contract
English language
my family

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales

I've signed up, but haven't played online yet. Kissinger plays online and has also been hosting quite a few Hold 'Em tourneys at his casa (they're much cheaper than our regular, brutal poker nights ever were). As his cursed luck would have it, he's won a good portion of them (I've won one and placed second in three others). Anyway, that straight flush sure was pretty (the second one I've had in about six years of steady playing). Naturally I won the hand (after Kissinger refused to match my bet of "Holy freakin' sh*t, I'm all-in!!!!!").

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Brian, here's two more if you've still got room left on the list:

James Bond as portrayed by Sean Connery (still the best of them all).

James Bond's 1964 Aston Martin from "Goldfinger".

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I took the next two, and we are ready to get underway.

Use whatever criteria you want when voting in the match-ups.

ROUND 1

When a girl buys you a drink

vs

Ray Charles

and

Thornton Melon's Triple Lindy dive

vs

cats

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Ray Charles

When a girl buys me a drink these days, it means that she has had way too much herself.

Cats--the coolest animal going.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
My votes:

Ray Charles is indeed cool. I don't think too many folks would dispute that. However, on the rare occasion a girl would buy me a drink, that was mega-cool. Now, if the girl in question was that damn stalker I can't seem to get rid of, then maybe it wouldn't be so cool, but more frightening. Luckily, I don't have a stalker, so I guess my vote here is fairly easy. Girls buying drinks for me is my vote.

The Triple Lindy Dive is one of those rare feats that most don't ever get to witness. Cats are seen by most almost every single day. However, my cool cat (Captain Pemo....all white with one blue eye, and one yellow eye) is the coolest cat I've ever seen. But, I seriously doubt even she could pull off the Triple Lindy Dive. But the dive wouldn't hop in my lap, purr, and nibble on my fingers either. But, I wouldn't have to clean out the Dive's litter box either. This is getting me nowhere. In the end, I guess I'll go with Cats.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
"Cooler than" Criteria:
1 pts - A sharp stick in the eye
2 pts - A swift kick in the rear
3 pts - Riding a moped
4 pts - BLT sandwiches
5 pts - Bad jazz
6 pts - Good jazz
7 pts - The other side of the pillow
8 pts - To see your enemies driven before you
9 pts - And To hear the lamentations of the women
10 pts - A 1000-yd hole in one shot on the Moon

ROUND 1

When a girl buys you a drink: I can only imagine what this would be like, but it strikes as more good than cool. I'd say it's cooler than a Kenny G song though, so 6 pts.

vs

Ray Charles: RIP Brother Ray. On any other day he's cooler than the other side of the pillow, but today I'll give him 10 pts for total coolness.

Advantage: Ray Charles

Thornton Melon's Triple Lindy dive: It's definitely cooler than good jazz, especially the armpit farts when ascending the tower. 7 pts.

vs

cats: Because I was confused that this might actually refer to the musical Cats, it's coolness standing hit rock bottom. Andrew Lloyd Webber is the anti-cool. 1 pt.

Advantage: Thornton Melon's Triple Lindy dive

Brad

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
When a girl buys you a drink
Thornton Melon's Triple Lindy dive
I may have voted for cats if our own cat didn't hate me so much. Not sure why either.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
A girl buying you a drink is awesome cool, but since I am married it isn't all that cool anymore, so I will have to go with the ultra-cool that is:

Ray Charles

Cats can be just as uncool as they can be cool, so:

Thornton Melon's Triple Lindy Dive

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Ray Charles - What Lew said.

The Triple Lindy thingy - Not a cat person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks